Hurricane Predictions . . . .

Started by Charles Brennan, Oct 08, 2024, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Howard

We were coming through Pensacola after Michael and at a light near the Fair Grounds, a cop stepped out into the street and stopped traffic. We sat there for a while watching the trucks head out to their next job. Must have been 35-40 trucks before the cops left everyone return to normal traffic.
Wayne Howard
Master and Commander of S/V Impetuous
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Riley Smith

At the refinery where I worked, the grid coming in was trashed. Heck, everything was trashed but that's beside the point, when they were restoring the substation that takes it's commercial cut, there was a whole ARMY there. Imagine the sight, there were lifts like herons around a pod of minnows at the station, and along the feeders for 1/3 mile. No telling how many people. Those power guys are the heroes. My bud just got his power back yesterday after Milton. And so it goes.
Riley

Norm L.

Before and after Ida moving over 9 days among temporary shelter in Gulfport, Saucier, Oceans Springs, and Jackson,
I did see the fleets mustering and filling the parking lot right off I-10m in Gulfport. And the convoys on I-10. Agreed, these people are amazing. And seeing trucks from Tennessee and Indiana power companies. Given a disaster in any one state I'm sure there is help from power companies and first responders form many states.
One wouldn't expect the Cajun Navy in the Appalachian Mountains.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

I saw power trucks mustering here, getting ready to head south for this one.