News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

On the beach

Started by Riley Smith, Jul 29, 2023, 06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

4:38am.....There isn't a breath of air stirring and it is so quiet that I can hear fish splashing afar out. The plan was to fish under the lights of the neighbors pier but he didn't turn them on, so I'll have to wait on God's lamp in the sky.
 There is something big feeding out there; I heard the quarry running in terror. There's no telling what it is.The air is muggy and heavy, but at least somewhat cool. Yes, something very big cutting up.
  Come-on sunshine. I was right not to tow the boat in hopes of some wind.Maybe I'll get a huge explosion on the top water lure!
Riley

Spot

Did you catch anything Riley, besides the contemplative stillness of the pre-dawn?
Big dreams, small boats...

Riley Smith

Well, I THOUGHT I posted! Look what I have to THINK with!!!

Anyway, it was a nice trip. I caught a small redfish and dawn is always beautiful at that spot. And naturally I forgot the camera. I ALMOST caught a couple of royal terns who dove on my lure from above. And got a "tickle" for just a second that I lost, which is just as well, because from that one second I knew whatever it was would take the line, lure, and everything else. I only carried two lures as it was more or less a scouting expedition to see what the conditions were. The river is back down again and the salinity up, which brings in all sorts of critters in the water and air. It didn't take very long after sunrise to decided to go and cool though. I watched a sail coming out from Ocean Springs to the west headed for Horn Island and didn't envy them very much. So, out away from the mainland there was at least a little wind but they weren't moving fast at all. It's smokin' hot.
Riley