Swapped the solar panels and installed rebuilt wheel pilot

Started by Wayne Howard, Dec 24, 2023, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Howard

Impetuous got new solar panels yesterday. Took down the old 95W panels and installed new 200W panels. We were breaking even with the old panels on weekends but longer trips mean we needed more power. Managed to get the autopilot re-installed and tested at the dock. Unlike Riley, we didn't get to go sailing. There was no wind yesterday on Pensacola Bay. The bay was glass smooth. Today, we have wind but we also have rain and cool weather so no sailing this trip. We did run the engine to make sure it still likes us.
Wayne Howard
Master and Commander of S/V Impetuous
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Riley Smith

There are always boat chores! Congrats on the new panels. The weather last night was nasty, hope y'all faired well.
Riley

Norm L.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Boat light and sun light.

Wayne Howard

We went down to the boat this morning to check on her after that wind storm and rain. Ended up recaulking one of the starboard chainplates. Water in the plate and paper towel under the chainplate. Dry everywhere else. Sorted through the fasteners drawer and discarded a bunch of unusable screws and bolts. (Now WHY did I save this piece of trash?) Connie went through the galley and decided that a bunch of stuff that made sense 3 years ago no longer does and we brought stuff off the boat. I think the boat is riding about an inch higher now.  :-X
Wayne Howard
Master and Commander of S/V Impetuous
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Riley Smith

Fluff. Human dander, whatever you want to call it has a way of collecting doesn't it? Especially if some of the participants have the hoarder gene. Now, if you get BOTH with it, it's a world class disaster! Luckily our hoarding tendencies complement each other and there is at least stasis if not contentment 😄
Riley