News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

On a night like this

Started by rfrance0718, Oct 05, 2023, 12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

We've had about 4 days of serious fall high pressure. We decided to take advantage of it by sailing my buddy's Sabre 38 out to the islands on Tuesday. On the way out there was a light Northeast breeze, which miraculously held, in direction and velocity, for a pleasant close reach out to the turning buoy. (7 miles) We grabbed a harbor ball, and went in for an early dinner, since the water taxi was only running until 6:00 PM. We had the harbor to ourselves, until about 1:00 AM, when my brother came in and grabbed a neighboring ball. Other than that, it was a beautiful quiet night. The sail back in the morning was in light breeze again. It was a Southerly, with just enough pressure to keep us moving. It was directly upwind, but we made a nice guess, heading left, finding a 20 degree knock,  and taking the lefty right to our harbor.
Don decided to call it a season when we got back, and I helped him remove his sails. It is definitely a 2 person job, as it's hard for me to imaging how bulky and heavy they are! I'll keep the Oday ai its slip for a couple of more weeks and hope for some more great weather.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

tjspiel

A nice end to the season. :)