403 error message problem... Gald to be back.

Started by Doug SC, Jul 05, 2024, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug SC

For the last several months I have not been able to access the site. I get a 403-error message.

Yesterday I tried to make another Log in name and password which didn't work until I just redid my original name and password, and it worked the first time without a 403-message. The next time I tried to access this site I got the error message.

Fiddling around with it today I can now log in by going to Home then to Members then find my name click on it, and then go to one of the posts I have made in the past. After all that I can access the rest of the site.

It seems befuddling to say the least. I sure would like to know what's going on, but at least I can read and post again. It feels just like seeing old friends. Glad to be back.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

CapnK

Hi Doug!

A few Q's...

What browser are you using?
Do you get home internet service and phone service from the same company?
Are you using a VPN?
Have you tried deleting all references to the site in your browser history, esp. Cookies and Cache?

Your IP is not showing up in any abuse lists, but I further looked up your ISP (ex Northland, now owned by Vyve) and tried to visit the Northland website, to find that the SSL Certificate is misconfigured - it is actually for a different domain. On top of that, the site also comes up unresponsive, timing out.

So checking further I looked into Vyve. A check into their service reliability on this page seems to show that they have consistent issues - or at least, consistent complaints. You can see that here:
https://downdetector.com/status/broadbandnow/

Based on that, check this: Assuming that your phone data provider is different from your home ISP, if you try using the phone to get to and log in here, do you see the same issues?

Let us know, hopefully we can get it sussed out. :)

Thanks Noemi for letting me know!

Doug SC

I have changed my password and I think I deleted my old cookies. I log on then logged off. I did have the 403 show up when I tried to log back on but did manage to get back in by trying again. I will Log out again and then try to log on one more time.

Doug SC

I am still having 403 error when I first log in.  I'm not sure how but I reinterred my username and got back on. I tried Chrom and had no luck there and went back to using Edge.