I'm still pushing buttons😂

Started by Riley Smith, Mar 31, 2023, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Yes, not a whole lot of time lately to log on, but have been tinkering with the rigging. The halyards are on the mast finally. I was getting upset because I couldn't find them. You know, hid 'em from myself, but finally dug 'em out of the pile and put them on. Also installed the bracket on the gaff where the throat halyard fastens. I was hoping to attach the sail to the gaff and boom but think the weather is going against me.
 The new forum is nice Kurt. You should be proud!

Yeah, you can EDIT! No more staring at some spelling error or a missed comma for all the world to see!

Riley
Riley

Ed

I agree, still learning about what's new and who has responded.  Got the new block on top of my mizzen mast installed with a pop riveted eyelet block two inches below the top of the mast.  Should get the new mizzen staysail from Super Sailmakers next week.  Going to try a halyard with an extra portion to allow cleating off while allowing a tail to act as a windward stay when flying staysailYou cannot view this attachment. .  Racing/sailing tomorrow on Lake Allatoona with SWSC.  Few participants due to predicted 18mph winds. 

NickScheuer

My desktop wouldn't take me here, so no posts from me since the "flip over".  Just discovered there is no prob with my laptop, so here I am (for what that's worth, eh?)

Riley Smith

I like those Sea Pearls! And all things considered, I'd LOVE a Windrider 17. I'd love to win the lottery too but never buy a ticket. The gaff is a much different animal though. Over the years I have tinkered and changed this and that to help ease of use. One of the latest was a line to lift the boom, although that has been several years ago. Man, how time flies! Anyway the boat hasn't been forgotten and is one step closer to water. The weather did intrude with torrential rain and I diverted to the other beach, at my daughter's new house, running a nail gun. Such is life!
Riley

Charles Brennan

SPAM!!

Riley Smith

Cyrillic  spam no less! I'm not sure I know anyone that reads it.
Riley