This looks interesting (in the chinese way)

Started by Wayne Howard, Jul 27, 2024, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Howard

"May you live interesting times!"

I've got the seawater pump out of the boat and in Texas for rebuild/repairs and now there is a disturbance in the force as if a whirly-girl was headed towards my boat AGAIN.  :o

The good news is 1) I'm ambulatory these days and can get to the boat fairly quickly and 2) it's early for the disturbance and the path is not set yet.

I wonder if I can get out of a ticket by saying my boat needs me?
Wayne Howard
Master and Commander of S/V Impetuous
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Timm R Oday25

Well , I'd use that excuse as much as possible. Seems my boat always needs me  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Riley Smith

I'm a little skeptical of the chances of that one. Good luck on the pump.
Riley

Captain Kidd

You heard about the guy who tried to outrun a state trooper. Trooper finally caught him and said, "I'm about to get off my shift and  if you can tell me why you were speeding..." Guy said, "my wife ran off with a trooper a while back and I thought you were trying to bring her back!" Trooper, "Have a nice day, sir."

Not sure the boat line will work.

Riley Smith

All I know is that if you traverse I-10 east of exit 69 in MS, I saw a trooper once in 4 years.
Riley

Wayne Howard

Quote from: Riley Smith on Jul 30, 2024, 06:21 PMAll I know is that if you traverse I-10 east of exit 69 in MS, I saw a trooper once in 4 years.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! There's only five more miles of MS at exit 69. Coming westbound out of Mobile, I was doing 70 in a 55 zone and got passed by the sheriff.  :o
Wayne Howard

Norm L.

To the west the sheriffs of Hancock and Harrison can sometimes be on the hunt. But you usually have to be way over the limit to get attention. Back in my youth heading back to New Orleans at 85 in a 2-seater the radar alarm gave a brief blip so I ignored it. I mailed them the check as there was no way I could argue that the sheriff erred.

In that strip west of the Kiln exit there is usually nothing so if the traffic was light that's when I got a new car I would take it up to 110-120 for a few seconds.
Happily, I grew out of it.  About 20 years ago. And never while pulling a trailer. 

Wayne Howard

When I was living south of Houston for a while, we rode motorcycles to work and back. I'd turn onto the acceleration ramp for the freeway and gun it. And it just so happened that the gentle curve before joining the actual freeway was a 1/4 mile from the intersection where I turned! Rolled off the throttle and I would coast down to freeway speeds before merging with traffic.

You know? I never got a ticket while on 2 wheels. Hmmmm?
Wayne Howard

Norm L.

You were just safely merging. Some people can't even do that in marriages.  ;D