News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Smokin' Hot

Started by Riley Smith, Jun 28, 2023, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Folks, it's HOT in Mississippi. I remember on one of those BEER cruises some Canadians getting brutalized by the sun, and also some other folks from higher altitudes getting a sample too. That's in June, but it doesn't usually get REALLY hot 🔥 until July. And it has made it!
It was 103F here today according to my weather station. Add humidity and we're talking what the old folks used to call"killing hot". Dangerously hot. I've lived here almost all my life and today was brutal. I'd love to live in Minnesota right now!
Riley

Spot

We'd love to have you and yours up here, once the wildfire smoke clears.
85 and hazy today. Some storms blowing in to break up the haze hopefully.
Just had 3-4 days rain after about 3-4 weeks of near nothing.
Big dreams, small boats...

Riley Smith

We had PLENTY of rain previously including one day of over five inches. It's from boom to bust though, and no rain in the foreseeable future. I don't think me burning that debris pile I have is a good idea right now  :o  At least it is pleasant at dawn. I guess you could call me a morning person because sleeping late is anything after 5am  :D  I don't sail in the depth of the summer very much because it is too hot and I'm not into being baked like a big fat chicken. Staying in the pool is lots more fun then and there is very little wind most of that time anyway. I really enjoyed the time I spent up in Minnesota (it was summer) and left just as the snow started falling. I met a guy that was close to retirement and was thinking he wanted to move to Florida to escape the winters. I told him to keep his house up there and visit in the summer and he'd have the best of both worlds.
Riley

Spot

We've lost most of the haze/smoke and are back to just plain warm, close to 90 today.
Wind is not up so I am not too put out not to be sailing.
We're expected to see a cool down in a few days.
I started in on cleaning up the garage and attending to a languishing motorcycle, draining out 3 gallons of 3-year-old varnished 87 octane fueL I only use 91 octane non-oxy these days for everything 'small engine'. The vintage stuff gets a shot of lead substitute. I hope to switch over to boat work later in the day.
Big dreams, small boats...