News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Because....

Started by Riley Smith, Jul 21, 2023, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

A launching is possible in the next three days. Right now a picture of just because. Just because seeing the gaff against the sky is a good thing and makes my heart flutter. Iff'n I can get that woman going, we'll do our chores and I'll have time to put lights on the trailer today and figure out a place and time to do the deed! I love it when my plan comes together ;D

You cannot view this attachment.
Riley

Timm R Oday25

Nice to see someone make the time .

Norm L.

There is something special about a gaff against the sky. Maybe it's the tie in with working watercraft.

You cannot view this attachment. 

Riley Smith

There was a good wind on the beachfront as we did the town thing. We had Popeye's red beans and rice and a chicken sandwich for brunch, looking out over the channel and watching the boats and seeing the naval ships at the yard. You people that LIVE in cities have no idea what "going to town" entails from the rural hinterlands. I detest cities for the most part, but haven't totally pulled that rock over my head, and visit on a regular basis for supplies. From Mobile, Alabama to Gulfport, MS. And sometimes LOTS further. That good wind was at about 1pm out of the SW and it was 95F when we arrived at the Labrot House to get the lawn equipment. I know without a doubt the fish are NOT biting in that immediate area, and it felt pretty much like standing in front of a fan blowing off a heater. There was a little chop rolling in and some streaks and whitecaps. I don't think I'm brave enough to go out in that heat though. If I could catch a morning breeze it would be cooler, at least for a while.
Riley

Doug SC

There is a saying "When in doubt don't". The heat, humidity, and I hate saying it, age are all valid considerations. I have heard not to turn on a fan when the temps are 95 or above as it will make you hotter. I have lived and worked in it, but these days I certainly don't tolerate it like I once did.