1968 West Wight Potter 14 - Santa Cruz, CA

Started by SantaCruzin, Aug 21, 2023, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SantaCruzin

Well...ouch. After a summer's worth of work on the boat and one weekend of use at a lake...I'm having to put our little 222 up for sale.

1968 West Wight Potter 14. Hull number 222 converted to a lateen rig for easy setup, single handed sailing, and ease of replacements (utilizes a sunfish sail).

Comes on a 1993 pacific trailer (galvanized) with new bunks. The trailer is not titled, so if you prefer I can sell it with the original trailer (with title) that was painted with cold galvanizing paint but is older (1967 I believe, but still solid). Will also include an older but solidly reliable Honda 2 hp outboard at asking price.

I've owned this boat for 6 years and absolutely love it, but I just don't get the time to use it. I recently stripped and sanded the hull and repainted with 2 layers of primer and 3 layers of top coat. The deck, cabin, and cockpit have also been repainted and new wiring has been run throughout. Below decks was also just painted with 2 coats of bilge paint. Used once for a family trip to Lake Berryessa (fresh water) since it was all painted. All rigging was replaced 5 years ago as well and used maybe a dozen times since. Stored indoors.

This boat has been in the area for years as part of the "Potter Yachters" and is featured on their home page (blue/white sail in photo). It's an older boat, but it's solid and brimming with character. I've taken it out many a time on the Monterey bay and it handles it all like a champ, as it was built to

I am asking $4,000 or best reasonable offer. If you prefer to go with the older trailer I will knock $500 off the price.

You cannot view this attachment.
1968 West Wight Potter 14 #222
1966(?) Mirror Dinghy #5914

SantaCruzin

Howdy all! Just a note that this is still for sale. I've sold the old trailer, so only have the newer Pacific trailer available (which is much better anyway). I am now asking $3,500 or best offer.
1968 West Wight Potter 14 #222
1966(?) Mirror Dinghy #5914

Noemi - Ensenada 20

You might put a short post on the West Coast section of this site, and on the Potter section, saying that you have a Potter for sale over on the "for sale" area.