News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

My next boat

Started by Captain Kidd, Jun 19, 2024, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Kidd

I saw this at the ramp yesterday.

You cannot view this attachment.

I'm thinking this should be my next boat.

NOT!

After all - it is trailerable. Though my wife might like it. Fact is I don't have that many dollars to get wet. LOL

Back to reality. I did get in a sail yesterday: and a very good one. Frankly, I don't get to sail that often. Other priorities pre-empt a lot of sailing. So I try to pick opportune times. It's been hot the last several days with this "heat dome", but Tuesday offered some cloud cover and a good forecast for wind so I cut out early from church and got to the ramp around 5:00.

I rigged in the shade.

Sailed for about 2 hours. We have a sail-only marina a couple miles from the ramp and several boat were out on the water.

I had a reef in from my last sail. Shook that out pretty quickly. Winds were 5-10 and reasonably steady for an inland lake. No whitecaps. It was a really nice time out.

Until next time....

But in the meantime let's keep our eyes out for that next boat.

Riley Smith

Well....I like the tow vehicle! ;D
Riley

Timm R Oday25

I'm always looking for the "next boat" . I'm not sure there is ever going to be a perfect next boat .
Window shopping is free .

Norm L.

The next boat I won't live to see. But I can dream.
Hunt Surfhunter 29.

Raymond Hunt boats have a top reputation for quality and seakeeping. The Hunt Vee hull is famous.
Their biggest buyers are governments, including the military, that want high speed solid boats with good sea keeping.
Ray Hunt is dead, but I met the new company CEO. I knew his wife from a long time ago and we were both in Miami for a yacht show where I gave a presentation. The three of us met for lunch and it was delightful. But I doubt he would give me a discount. Anyway, too late as he is now retired.
I liked the wife. Many years ago I met her when she was the new wife of a friend who was a recently graduated commercial architect. He went on to be quite famous. And later she married another famous architect, but naval.

Cycles seem to exist. A dear friend since 4th grade has been married 3 times, all to Jewish social workers. He's a well-respected psychiatrist and Catholic. His specialty is addiction treatment. Go figure. 

Captain Kidd

Quote from: Norm L. on Jun 20, 2024, 01:54 PMThe next boat I won't live to see. But I can dream.
Hunt Surfhunter 29.

She's a beaut! A cool $180 grand!!

Frank B.

"Perfect" boats can only reflect what works for the time you are traveling through, they will be different as that time goes by.

I saw a nicely done DR18 on FB marketplace, and for me and mine that might just be perfect for this particular time.  I'm tempted.......