1995 West Wight Potter 19 for sale

Started by tomjkjr, Aug 18, 2024, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomjkjr

19' International Marine West Wight Potter 19 w/trailer.

All new lines and rigging lead back to cockpit for simpler, safer operation. Includes tiller clutch to hold tiller for single-handed.

Sails are in good shape; one main sail and two jibs

New varnish on exterior wood, including rudder.

The outboard motor is a 5hp Tohatsu. Performance Marine in SLO rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the fuel filters, put in a new internal fuel tank, serviced the lower unit by installing a new impeller and impeller housing, changing gear oil, and greasing all pivot points. The only used the outboard once since the Performance Marine servicing.

The cabin includes a sink, small alcohol-fueled stove, and storage compartments. Technically, you could sleep four, but it would be tight.

Cosmetically, it needs bottom paint and, perhaps, striping. The cushions are functional, but seem a little dated.

I spent some time refurbishing this boat to make it seaworthy. I don't know how to sail, and I decided that I don't want to learn. However, me and an experienced sailor friend took it on a shake-down sail in Morro Bay. It performed well; it is seaworthy.

It has everything you'll need to immediately get out on the water and sail; all USCG required safety equipment, two anchors, and more.

If you are looking for a turnkey pocket cruiser and camper sailboat, this may be for you.

$7,500 obo