Almost-A-SCAMP Progress Report #9 . . . .

Started by Charles Brennan, Sep 13, 2024, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank B.

I've sprayed a lot with mixed results.  Couple of vehicles, several boats, new and restorations, and mostly furniture which I build as a hobby.  With the furniture, I usually dread getting to that point for fear of diminishing fairly good work up to that point.  The one regret is that I didn't go ahead a spring for very good equipment and the quantity and quality of air to drive it.  The best equipment is in the five hundred bucks plus range and takes a lot of CFM's of clean, dry air. I shoulda bought that Satajet years ago, now don't know how much I would use it. Furniture with apologies for serious thread drift.  These are 11 coat, lacquer based coatings, that can be done in a long day because of the drying time with lacquer:

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

NICE!

You should know by now that thread drift is what we DO here. :)

Norm L.

That looks good! Charley Jones and I both did furniture repair him lot longer than I did when I returned to the marine work I really loved. My brother-in-law still has his very good furniture repair company going. His sone will be the 3rd generation. I would pass all large refinishing to him.  So, I have seen good.