Anybody here think yer a badazz sailor?

Started by Riggerdood, Apr 18, 2023, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggerdood

1985 Rebel Spindrift 22 - Rum Line
1985 Achilles RIB - Achilles Last Stand

DBthal

Is that tjspiel on his Croatian vacation?   ;)
Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Riggerdood

tjspiel

Quote from: DBthal on Apr 18, 2023, 06:25 AMIs that tjspiel on his Croatian vacation?  ;)

That guy is nuts !

I leave on my Croatian vacation 3 weeks from today. Will not be bringing a Laser. :)

Riggerdood

Oh, then you're bringing the inflatable cat? ;~P

Quantico Frank

I have this one from the Stockholm Archipelago from '98, but I wasn't sailing. I did have the world's smallest boat engine.You cannot view this attachment.
Precision 165 "Spirit" built 2011
Home port Quantico, VA, Potomac River

Riggerdood

You look like you're having way too much fun for those conditions Frank! The cigar is a nice touch ...

tjspiel

Quote from: Riggerdood on Apr 18, 2023, 08:26 PMOh, then you're bringing the inflatable cat? ;~P

Yeah, not that either.  ;D

(though it would be fun, for a day...)

Quantico Frank

Quote from: Riggerdood on Apr 19, 2023, 12:17 PMYou look like you're having way too much fun for those conditions Frank! The cigar is a nice touch ...

They start drinking at breakfast over there, Tim.  :P

Quantico Frank

Quote from: tjspiel on Apr 19, 2023, 01:26 PM
Quote from: Riggerdood on Apr 18, 2023, 08:26 PMOh, then you're bringing the inflatable cat? ;~P

Yeah, not that either.  ;D

Twice a day in all wx conditions, Tom, until the ice was an inch thick which was too much for my little aluminum boat to break. That was a warm winter in Stockholm that year, the first year my neighbors could remember when the our little part of the Baltic didn't freeze solid enough for us to drive our cars back and forth over.

Riggerdood

Quote from: tjspiel on Apr 19, 2023, 01:26 PMYeah, not that either.  ;D

Or about 2 seconds ...  :-\

Riggerdood

Quote from: Quantico Frank on Apr 19, 2023, 09:00 PMThey start drinking at breakfast over there, Tim.  :P
Well, after all, you can't drink all day if you don't get an early start!  ;D

Riggerdood

Quote from: Quantico Frank on Apr 19, 2023, 09:09 PMTwice a day in all wx conditions, Tom, until the ice was an inch thick which was too much for my little aluminum boat to break. That was a warm winter in Stockholm that year, the first year my neighbors could remember when the our little part of the Baltic didn't freeze solid enough for us to drive our cars back and forth over.
That's because your "aluminum icebreaker" had the world's smallest boat engine Frank!  ::)

Tsharpe

There may have been a time when I would have said, sure, I'll try that, but those days are long past.  (maybe 40 years)

Riggerdood