News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Logging in concern

Started by Timm R Oday25, Apr 20, 2023, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timm R Oday25

When I try to log in using my Iphone 10R , both my log in name and email adress are invalid. As is my password . When I try to send forgot password link , it's says the same user name is already in use ?
I have used the facial recognition feature of my phone here without issue until yesterday . Currently I'm logged in via my work's client. Any suggestions ? I'm not sure how to sent Kurt an email . Thanks

CapnK

Timm - Hmm, I dunno. Curd crumbs between the keys maybe? Tears of loss/new hope for the Packers QB blurring your sight, causing you to make typos? Becoming a Bears fan? :D har

OK, seriously - Has it been this way since day 1, or was it working but then something happened and now no luck?
Which browser are you using, Safari?
Do you have a browser other than what you have used already, that you can try?

I know when I first logged in here, I got an odd password error, then after a try or two something worked and it hasn't come up again. IOW, not repeatable - so I didn't/don't know the cause and worse, if it is common, don't have a way to work on figuring it out.
FWIW - I do see in the Error logs it says for you there were 2 failed attempts, both say "Wrong Password".

Timm R Oday25

Good morning . I tried to use the password reset . I'm not able to get past the "non valid email fault " Can I just send you money .
The Packers ? Well there are a whole lot of folks up here who just want AAron Rogers to go away .
At least the Brewers are a bright spot...
Bringing the Chicago Bears into the conversation is a sure way not ever getting any Kringle sent to you

Charles Brennan

Quote from: Timm R Oday25 on Apr 20, 2023, 07:26 AMWhen I try to log in using my Iphone 10R , both my log in name and email adress are invalid. As is my password . When I try to send forgot password link , it's says the same user name is already in use ?
 Thanks
Ahhh, Timm!
Once again, you bring us a problem without any factual background to compare to, so we can try and analyze your problem! :)
Some (but not all) of the questions that would help lead us to a conclusion are:
1) Do you browse with the iPhone every day?
2) Or some other device consistently, and the iPhone only intermittently?
3) What browser are you even using? Safari? Chrome? Firefox? Each has their own peculiarities that would factor into a solution.
4) Are you paying attention to the character case (upper/lower) when you key in the password?

I too, had strange and intermittent problems when first shifting over from the old website to the new one, especially as it was a work in progress, for a while.  I must say our administrator has since gotten everything shaken down, quite nicely.
Since I access TSBB from 2 different computers, a tablet and a Android-based phone, I was getting strange and conflicting problems with logins, passwords and the like.  I finally realized that the devices were reacting with their own cookies and autofill passwords, etc and I wasn't keeping them consistent and in some cases could not, since the site had changed between using one device and the next time I got around to using another different device.

I'll give you an example:
Since Google has its hooks in Chrome, it KNOWS all your passwords of choice and tries to handle those passwords for you automagically, on ANY device that uses Chrome.  Downside is that a fouled up password on the phone is now equally fouled up on the computer, (No thanks to Google) and you have to go through gyrations to defeat that and key in your password from the current device.  FireFox would like to try the same thing, but I steadfastly refuse to let it synchronize between my devices, since with FireFox I at least, have a choice. (Which Google denies me.)
I strongly insist that you have to keep these Computers down, or else, they start getting Uppity.

So I cleared ALL my cookies and ALL my caches, on ALL my browsers, on ALL my devices.
I then logged in from ALL my devices (on All the browsers), completely from scratch.
No problems, since.

Since we can't know what browser you're using (see above, re: problems/no background) to see if it is an issue, we're going to assume that on an iPhone, it's probably Safari.
1) Go to your iPhone's Settings app. 
2) Select Safari from the list.
3) Find a button for Clear History and Website Data.
4) Confirm you want to clear the browser cache.

If you were rash enough to install Chrome on your iPhone, the process is similar:
1) Tap Settings
2) Go to Privacy and Security
3) Select Clear Browsing Data
4) Select the time to delete the data from, if you want to delete all your browsing history, choose All Time.
5) Go through the items you'd like to delete, like your Browsing History, Cookies and Site Data, Cached Images and Files, any Saved Passwords and Autofill Data.
6) Confirm by tapping Clear Browsing Data at the bottom of the screen
7) Tap Done when you've deleted the Chrome cache

The fact that you successfully logged in from a work computer, is what leads me to suspect, crunched cookies, cache, etc.
Once all the cookies and cache are out of the phone, power it down and restart it.
Then attempt to start your browser and key in your log-in information.
One of two things should happen:
1) You log in successfully.
2) You get a failed password message.
If the latter, at least we'll know it's not due to a bogus or obsolete previous password attempt and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

Hope this helps,
Charles Brennan

CapnK

I was just about to write what CB wrote ^^^ but he beat me to it.

(Phew!!! THANKS!!!)

That covers it, for now, and I concur with his thoughts and ideas. :D

N0w, for the important part:

I think Aaron has another season or two in him, good ones even, but his attitude with the team lately - or maybe it's a front office thing - has affected, well, almost everything Packers, and not in a good way. :/

SO - I am all for getting Love out there at last, seeing what he can do, keeping fingers crossed he can keep the legacy going.
I like Rodgers, always have, but if he doesn't wanna, let someone who does, and best of luck to him.
I think what Aaron Jones did WRT salary was a really admirable act of team playing, kudos to him.
The draft is going to be interesting.
I finally had to throw away my foam cheesehead; at 10 years, it was getting crumbly... Bleu maybe. ;)

Last, as always, are the Bears - which is as it should be.

...'nuff said on that. ;D
Have a great day!

Timm R Oday25

Charles , I was thinking that the problem originated from trying to access the site from two differant devices .
I did as you suggested on my IphoneX and relogged in from scratch.
I had the same problem accessing several work related apps on my phone / work computer .
Perhaps I should just spend more time on my boat and less time on line ...
When was the last time either of you two had Kringle ?
I need address's before I can ship...