I'd like to see the REST of it!

Started by Riley Smith, Apr 22, 2023, 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Here's a view from the Point park. Dunno if that is a whole boat or just a piece, but I'm thinking whole boat as it's on the dock on the river. That dock is hard to get a decent look at except on the river.
Riley

Captain Kidd

You cannot view this attachment.

Captain Kidd

Riley Smith

We were out and about after visiting my grandson, who is in the hospital. We decided to ride the beach afterwards, which everyone that has ever lived here does. It's a pleasant drive; there is the water on the south side, that stretches clear around the world, and the homes of doctors, lawyers, and Indian chiefs on the other. I've rode it on the bike countless times, although making it all the way to the end at the Point was a long ride. The road ends at the Point, and so does the Pascagoula River, slicing the county like a knife. It's there the boat is on the west bank, where once was marsh, and now is a huge shipyard.
We got a different angle from the parking lot and could see the hull. No ID...maybe that reflects? Who knows? All I know is that is one expensive piece of hardware. Maybe so advanced they don't even know how to use it to its best advantage. Maybe a piece of junk.  And if you study it from the viewpoint of a radio wave, you begin to understand. Kinda looks like a conning tower that could stick above the horizon. I know some folks that worked on pieces and parts to these boats.

I'd like to see the electronics on it!!!

Riley

Riley Smith

It's not in your best interest to be taking pictures of these things I would imagine. But we could see the whole boat from Lake Yazoo. Remember that place CJ? He's docked there several times.
Riley

Norm L.

That looks like a Zumwalt destroyer. They were going to build 34 and stopped at 3. $4.25 billon each. Ingalls built them. I don't think they built any in Maine or Newport News.

I'd ask where do they put up the outdoor movie screen between king posts like I lived with. I think part of that 4.25 was for media rooms.  8)

Riley Smith

Yeah, Zumwalt for sure. I thought they were built in Cali. From what I can glean, it's sort of a ship without a purpose since the Navy balked at the price of the ammo for it's gun. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors involved with information about it, as you might imagine with such an asset. I'm sure they can find something to do with it....seems purpose built to gather intelligence.
Riley