News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

So...

Started by Riley Smith, Jun 20, 2023, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

The catboat is getting nearer completion of the overhaul. She's rigged up, and washed, although the inside has to be cleaned. She's stowed in the shop at the moment until further attention can be given. For the last week I've been rolling her out and back in between thunderstorms. I have also engineered a 4-10 work schedule too, so the extra day has helped. I've added, changed a bit, painted, replaced line and rigged her up.

You cannot view this attachment.

Got lights for the trailer today. I need new license for it but the boat is good for another year. I may have to fabricate some light brackets at work tomorrow to make it look like I'm doing something :)

Which is all good because for the last week the weather has been pretty much awful. Tornados, lightning, hail, and high winds. Not my cup of tea. I'm hoping sooner of later Mother will quit throwing hissy fits and we can get on with this summer. I got excited pulling the halyards and watching the rig go up once again! Even if it was driveway sailing and all I was doing was tiding up and adjusting!
 You cannot view this attachment.
I've been experimenting with the lazy jacks and think I've come up with a venetian blind action to make them tight and loosen them off. They aren't strong because they don't need to be; all they do is funnel the falling gaff and sail when striking.  I always have to add them just before stepping the mast and this would allow me to leave them on.
Anyway, the saga continues but there is hope on the horizon!
Riley

Spot

Looking good Riley!
I hope the weather shifts so you can sail.
:D
Big dreams, small boats...

Travis Chapman

Driveway sailing is better than no sailing! It's some of the best that I've ever had. Looking great and I hope the weather returns to good conditions soon as well. We can all use it!
=============
SV Panda Paws
Windrose 18
Glyndon, MD

Riley Smith

We've had a couple of dry days now, so maybe it will improve. Naturally, that schedule that I "engineered" bit me in the butt and took away from the EVENING work on the boat. I was shooting for the mini-vacation on the 4th out of the deal. Now, there are ALL KINDS OF FIREWORKS along the coast then and it would be wonderful to see them afloat! Any way, if I get the boom lift bridle at the jaw corrected and a little paint dabbed on today I'll be happy. And take a look at the lights to see what is needed. Opportunities, opportunities (NOT problems!)

The gush of positivity is over. Gotta get moving.

Riley
Riley