News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

ONE BIG GIANT THREAD

Started by CapnK, Feb 02, 2023, 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SailorNJ

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Sure, nails holding lath.  But the lath is UNDER the plaster, and these nails are THROUGH it.  It's just weird.

Thanks!

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Dougcan

Quote from: Noemi - Ensenada 20 on Sep 01, 2023, 07:22 PMSure, nails holding lath.  But the lath is UNDER the plaster, and these nails are THROUGH it.  It's just weird.

Thanks!

Not so weird if the plasterer find a loose lath while plastering.

It could also be a filed tempt to hang a picture.  It could also be a way to get "rid" of the nail after it served its purpose of hanging a picture.  Rather risk cracking and damaging the plaster in an attempt to remove the nail, the nail gets driven flush and painted, papered over.

(And yes, I'm trying to increase my "posting stats" so I can get promoted faster!) ;D

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Nope, those nails were all in a row, and not where you'd want pictures. 

I think they may have had something to do with the initial laying of the plaster. 

macula

I just signed up. Almost gave up due to the verification. No problem typing in the letters or answering the basic boat knowledge questions, but it had one box that said something like: "smokey iron wind at your back". Maybe that means something to somebody, but if it's sailing lingo it's new to me. Eventually, that (question?) was dropped & I got on board.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

What can push your boat forward when the wind is not strong enough?  Mine smokes, and it's at the back of my boat.

My electric version doesn't smoke though.  People here have often talked about their "iron wind" euphemistically.  Mostly because they prefer the quiet, natural kind of propellant.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Oh, and welcome to our little corner of the internet, macula!  Where do you sail?

macula

Thanks for the explanation. That would make a good jeopardy question. My home port is the world famous Rocky Fork Lake in the heart of, what I like to call, the sailing capital of the world: Southwest Ohio.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Not so far from me - I'm in west central IN.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Happy New Year, old friends.  I hope 2024 brings you lots more of the things you love, and lots less of the other stuff.

Noemi

Tim West Coast

Happy New Year Noemi, and All!

Kathy - Ensenada 20

Hello all, and Happy New Year! I am brand new to the forum and here to get ideas for my new (to me) Ensenada 20. Today I took her to a ramp on the river near my house and did a "float test", as she hasn't been in the water in years. She floats, and no leaks! Now on to making sure the swing keel, rigging, and sails all work properly. Thanks for creating this space! - Kathy, in Eastern North Carolina

Krusen

:) Welcome, Kathy!
Note that Noemi, in the post just above yours, also has an Ensenada 20.  She is an excellent source of information on her, and your, boat.  She has had it many years, and done many upgrades and repairs.

Hers does not have the big wheel option that yours has! :)

Krusen

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Hi Kathy!  Welcome to the TSBB, and to the Ensenada family!  You have a great boat there.