News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Back in the water

Started by tjspiel, May 03, 2023, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjspiel

Only about 1/2 my offseason projects done (including half the cockpit cushions) but got the new furler installed and the jib converted. Put logos and numbers on my new sail from last year, and installed some new standing rigging. 

I'll finish the cushions when I get back from Croatia.

Gorgeous day unlike earlier in the week.

But no wind, - unlike earlier in the week.

You cannot view this attachment.

Recent news of broken and sunken P-18s have been giving me bad dreams and I was tempted to leave her in the backyard until I returned. But I feel better about it now.

FortyFour

Quote from: tjspiel on May 03, 2023, 02:34 PMI'll finish the cushions when I get back from Croatia.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey. It's on my list. Hope you have a great trip.

Quantico Frank

Precision 165 "Spirit" built 2011
Home port Quantico, VA, Potomac River

Brian N.

Although the weather here is supposed to improve, I doubt I'll get out soon. Graduation, birthdays, a short trip and home projects are all coming up. Glad you were able to get the boat in, and enjoy your trip to Croatia.
Fair winds
Brian N.

Riggerdood

Right on Tom! Make her fast to her mooring, then have a great trip abroad.
1985 Rebel Spindrift 22 - Rum Line
1985 Achilles RIB - Achilles Last Stand

tjspiel

Quote from: FortyFour on May 03, 2023, 05:08 PM
Quote from: tjspiel on May 03, 2023, 02:34 PMI'll finish the cushions when I get back from Croatia.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey. It's on my list. Hope you have a great trip.

Thanks. I was the first boat on the lake. One of the reasons is that several other people that keep boats there are going on the same trip have decided to wait until after we get back. It's a group of nineteen and it should be a lot of fun.

Never thought of Croatia as a sailing destination until folks started talking about it last Fall.

I'll definitely report back.

Riggerdood

Tom, apparently there is some awesome sailing in the Adriatic. This fellow occasionally posts in one of the FB groups I'm in. This is in Montenegro, SE of Croatia.

https://www.facebook.com/traditionalwoodenboats

tjspiel

Quote from: Riggerdood on May 04, 2023, 12:47 PMTom, apparently there is some awesome sailing in the Adriatic. This fellow occasionally posts in one of the FB groups I'm in. This is in Montenegro, SE of Croatia.

https://www.facebook.com/traditionalwoodenboats

Those are some gorgeous boats !

Definitely will be a different kind of big boat sailing from what I'm used to, - which is more like camping.

Riggerdood

Yes, it's very much apparent that they take as much pride in building them as they do sailing them!