Shore power panel on an S25

Started by Noodat, Apr 23, 2023, 11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodat

Hallo. I am in need of help.  My 2000 model Seaward 25 has shore power, but I have never had the occasion to use it until now. With the season nigh upon us, I wanted to plug in to recharge the batteries (she is sitting at home on her trailer), but I don't seem to be getting power into the AC system. The interior outlet is not live and the batteries are apparently not receiving any juice from the smart charger  (yes, my extension cord is plugged in and live). The 30A inlet is located on the port transom, but I have not been able to find any breaker(s) or other elements of the AC wiring. I hope I don't have to wriggle my way into either of the lazarettes to trace the wiring (I will need to strip off and grease myself to fit) but that will have to be my next step unless some kind soul can give me any tips/pointers in the right direction!

Hoping to get an answer from someone who is familiar with S25's. Thanks in advance.

Bob

doug 26RK

I don't know about the 25, however in my 26rk, there is a breaker on the port lazarette wall facing the galley. If it's in the same place you should be able to reach it from the cabin. If you get down low enough to look into the lazarette, you should be able to see the breaker.

Noodat

Thanks Doug. I have just seen your reply, I guess the forum doesn't email notifications.  I am out of town, but shall check that tomorrow.  I am notoriously unobservant, so it's entirely possible that I missed it there.

Noodat

You cannot view this attachment.

Many thanks Doug. I don't know if this is exactly the same as the 26RK, but you certainly led me to the right place. Now I have the batteries topping up nicely.