News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

XXXX - P-165 for Sale

Started by DBthal, May 12, 2023, 07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBthal

Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

FortyFour

Because of my circumstances, needing to switch coasts suddenly, which I detailed on another thread, I've been considering selling my P-18. This idea does not have much ease to it, as I'm very attached to my boat, though it won't do me much good 3000 miles away. I was guessing my P-18, which sounds similar in condition to that 165, similar amenities more or less, was worth twice the asking price as that 165. I'm not really clear on the whole thing, and not eager be a buyer or seller...But sometimes gusts come out of nowhere and we have to adjust. Responses or insights into my predicament are welcome.

Noemi - Ensenada 20

I would try really hard to find a place to stow that boat until you can tow it across country.  And 18 footer shouldn't be too bad.

tbodine88

Quote from: FortyFour on May 12, 2023, 09:36 AMBecause of my circumstances, needing to switch coasts suddenly, which I detailed on another thread, I've been considering selling my P-18. This idea does not have much ease to it, as I'm very attached to my boat, though it won't do me much good 3000 miles away. I was guessing my P-18, which sounds similar in condition to that 165, similar amenities more or less, was worth twice the asking price as that 165. I'm not really clear on the whole thing, and not eager be a buyer or seller...But sometimes gusts come out of nowhere and we have to adjust. Responses or insights into my predicament are welcome.

You can easily trailer a p18 3000 miles in a couple of dayZ and save the hassle of selling and buying new.

P18s are selling available for 4000 or less

Good luck
Thomas Bodine
Skipper S/V Bagatelle (Nimble Artic 26)
Skipper S/V Frimi (West Wight Potter 19)

Sailor Ken

I could not open the Craigslist ad. Is it still for sale? Can you send some photos and more info on the equipment, and special additional Features. PM if you can. Thanks,  Ken

Dave Scobie

Quote from: Sailor Ken on Apr 26, 2024, 05:40 PMI could not open the Craigslist ad. Is it still for sale? Can you send some photos and more info on the equipment, and special additional Features. PM if you can. Thanks,  Ken
the Craigslist post was shared over 11 months ago, early May '23, and it isn't a surprise it has expired.  If searching the  https://vermont.craigslist.org/ doesn't bring up a new add I'd assume the boat is sold or no longer for sale.