Sail/Camping Weekend at Lake San Antonio Oct. 25-27

Started by George16, Oct 16, 2024, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George16

The Potter Yachters will gather for the season's final sail at Lake San Antonio in Central California on Oct. 25-27. After years of drought, LSA is full to the spillway and beach camping along the NW shore is OPEN. For details, see the latest club newsletter (https://www.potter-yachters.org/members/2024_10.pdf). We are expecting a good turnout, with possible guests from the SoCal Potters. The event is open to all and is idea for beginners. Current forecasts promise perfect camping weather (highs in mi-70s and lows in 50s) and 6-8 MPH wind in the afternoons. Call/text me with questions at 360 562-6373. George 

Thesharonmatic

Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21

Rob_PY

When is everyone arriving?  I'll be coming Thursday or Friday, bringing my Potter 14

George16

Greetings fellow Potter Yachters! I have some final updates on this weekend's Lake San Antonio gathering:
1) We will post directions to our campsite at the entry gate and on the road to the boat ramp.
2) Bring some firewood if you can. We'll have a fire ring.
3) Bring cash in small denominations if you plan to visit Mission San Antonio. Their computer payment system works only intermittently so they prefer cash. Suggested admission for the self-guided tour is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors.
4) The weather will be ideal, with forecasted high temps in the low 80s and wind at 5-9 mph in the afternoon
5) Co-Hosts Gretchen and Dan Ricker are arriving on Thursday and staying thru Monday.

Contact me at 360 562-6373, or Gretchen at 805 674-1278 with questions.

See you soon. George

George16

Camp Potter has been established. To get there, enter through the LSA North Shore admissions gate, pass the equestrian trail entrance on your right and make the next right (approx. 100 ft further) onto a dirt road that leads to a small sheltered inlet. The dirt road loops, so don't worry about turning around. The camp is actually visible from the admissions gate, and if you hit the first boat ramp you've gone too far. Two more things: 1) cell reception is good, so call if you need assistance. 2) sailboats are not being charged as power boats so long as you tell them the motor is only to get on and off the dock. See you there! George