Sadly, end of the season here in soon to be Canada’s frozen prairie

Started by Six Bells, Sep 30, 2023, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Six Bells

Took my Monty 15 to it's indoor storage location, so sailing done for another season.  I hope to sail tomorrow with my friend in his new West Wight Potter 19.  Wish us fair winds for the last sail on Lake Katepwa, Saskachewan.
Sailing: Montgomery 15

noelH

Every year the end of the season sort of catches me off guard. October already??

30C on shore temps on Oct 2.  Shorts and sunguard sailing on L. Superior in October. A first. The first 3 days of October were in the 30C range. Very unusual. Yesterday was only ~20C.  Windsurfing wearing a 4/3.  Usually marginal suit for October. Cooking until I blew a jibe. Felt nice to hit the water and chill. Today.... Cold front from Canada blew in. Gale force gusts. Scattered downbursts of heavy rain, hail, wind. Incredible clouds and patches of real blue sky.  Beautiful rainbow over L. Superior. Back to our new normal 15C.  First frost inland forecasted tonight.

Time to plant the hardneck garlic and elephant ears.

Six Bells

This week brought quite the change in weather.  First snow (fortunately not sticking around), but I am counting the days till the lake freezes over.  :-\
Sailing: Montgomery 15