Cruiser Challenge XXIV--date change and link

Started by Thesharonmatic, Jul 05, 2023, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesharonmatic

If you check out the July newsletter, you will find the announcement for the challenge. The date had to be changed from August 5th to the 12th due to a conflict. You can sign up for the challenge here.
Apparently, they have redone the parking at the boat ramp in Monterey and it should be much better this year.
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21

Thesharonmatic

Just a friendly reminder to please register for the Cruiser Challenge if you are planning to come. The link is here and also in the July Newsletter. We would like to have everybody signed up before July 31st so we can give the information to the harbormaster.
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21

casioqv

I wanted to note that the website https://cruiserchallenge.potter-yachters.org/ still says 2019 was the last year. I used to to join regularly with my M15 many years ago but checked the website every year the last few years and thought it wasn't ongoing. Would a Sage 17 be welcome to join, or is this a members/potter owners only event now?

Judy B

The Cruiser Challenge is open members and non-members of the Potter Yachters.  Welcome!
Judy Blumhorst
San Francisco Bay and Delta, California
2013 Potter 19 modified with bulb keel and bowsprit
1992 Corsair F24 Mk1

Thesharonmatic

The website you are looking at is old. The Cruiser Challenge hasn't had its own separate website since before the pandemic. The event has become more fun and less formal since the boats in question (Potters, Montgomerys, and Sages) are no longer under production.
If you'd like to come, you just need to sign up using the link to the google form above. This is mainly so that we can give the harbormaster some idea of what to expect.
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21

Thesharonmatic

I just closed the official registration for the event. You are still welcome to show up, but you are on your own dealing with the Harbormaster for a berth and parking.
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21