News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Whew, finally!

Started by Riggerdood, Mar 24, 2023, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggerdood

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I managed to get signed in here. Who the hell is Heloise anyway?

Anyhoo, I guess now we know why nobody could get on earlier today.

Don't get me wrong: I'm super glad and thankful that this forum will go on, thanks to the efforts of the new admins.

Next step for me? Figure out if I can keep administering the PSHH from here. Stay tuned ...
1985 Rebel Spindrift 22 - Rum Line
1985 Achilles RIB - Achilles Last Stand

DBthal

After numerous tries I was able to get past the crazy sign up questions and get registered.

Heloise........  really?  Who's that?
Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Riggerdood

Yay, you made it in Dan! I still have no idea who Heloise is ...

I see you were able to use your same username, as was I. If PSHH folks can do that, it will be a huge help. For the next one, I might be asking folks to PM me for the link. Then after I have everybody's new username, if it's changed, I could probably go back to doing it the way I was on the old forum.

I'm going to send you a quick PM just as a test.

Riggerdood

OK, I was able to send you a PM, but only after jumping through more "Heloise Hoops". I sure hope that won't be the case every time, because that would make it very tedious and time consuming to send out the PSHH invites.

Also, a quick test of the photo attach feature. It works!

You cannot view this attachment.

DBthal

So far I haven't gotten a PM or any notice in my regular email. Maybe I haven't found the site area that I need to check to receive PM's.
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

CapnK

Heloise is one of the oldest bats to post on the TSBB, she has a 'regular column' of.. irregularities. :)

That one is more a reference those who have been on TSBB for a long time would get handily - I thought. Can be changed.

She (I guess that is her pronoun :D ) lives where oranges grow, a place twixt a Gulf and an Ocean...

To send a PM, use the little button circled in red in the screengrab below. If you get a PM, up at very tip top of page next to your name is "My Messages", where you can read them.

Riggerdood

Quote from: DBthal on Mar 26, 2023, 06:00 PMSo far I haven't gotten a PM or any notice in my regular email. Maybe I haven't found the site area that I need to check to receive PM's.

Dan, look at the very top left of the page, next to your username, there's a button for My Messages.

Riggerdood

Quote from: CapnK on Mar 26, 2023, 08:51 PMHeloise is one of the oldest bats to post on the TSBB, she has a 'regular column' of.. irregularities. :)

That one is more a reference those who have been on TSBB for a long time would get handily - I thought. Can be changed.

She (I guess that is her pronoun :D ) lives where oranges grow, a place twixt a Gulf and an Ocean...

To send a PM, use the little button circled in red in the screengrab below. If you get a PM, up at very tip top of page next to your name is "My Messages", where you can read them.

Thanks CapnK! I only ever read/posted in the Precision section of the old TSBB, so I guess Heloise never posted there? I'm assuming your hint is FL?

DBthal

Thx Tim & CapnK for the help finding the messages.

Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Shesaidno

I wasn't able to search older posts, are they gone forever or am I doing something wrong? I did a search on "bowsprits" and nothing came up.

Quantico Frank

Precision 165 "Spirit" built 2011
Home port Quantico, VA, Potomac River

tjspiel

I'm back. Those verification questions were tough. ;)

tjspiel

Quote from: Shesaidno on Mar 26, 2023, 10:46 PMI wasn't able to search older posts, are they gone forever or am I doing something wrong? I did a search on "bowsprits" and nothing came up.

The intro page said the archive would be back at some point.

Buck Buchanan

Our friends over on the FB/Precision page clued me in as to the new site after I kept getting messages trying to get to the old website address.

Guess I'll be feeling my way around the digs here, in between getting the cobwebs off of "Alert" in her new location at Lake Waccamaw here in NC. It's the largest bay lake in the state (14 miles of shoreline) and a has a real nice sailing club geared to racing and regattas.

Riggerdood

Quote from: DBthal on Mar 26, 2023, 10:21 PMThx Tim & CapnK for the help finding the messages.

No prob Dan! If you could reply to my "Test test test" PM that would be great so I know you got it. Just trying to refine how I'm going to do the PSHH from here.