News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Whew, finally!

Started by Riggerdood, Mar 24, 2023, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggerdood

YEAH! Great to see some of the Precision folks from the old TSBB finding their way here, and hopefully more will continue to do so.

I will say this: although we all knew the migration was imminent, it would have been nice to get the link to this new site on the old site before it was shut down, because those of us who have found our way here have no way of getting that info to others, unless we can provide it via email, FB group, etc. Or, maybe it was posted on the general forum, and those (like myself) who mostly only frequented the various sub-groups missed it? Again, not complaining, would just like to see as many of the others on here as well.
1985 Rebel Spindrift 22 - Rum Line
1985 Achilles RIB - Achilles Last Stand

tjspiel

Agreed. I didn't realize it was happening until it did.

ChrisB

Thanks to Riggerdood, "Florida Sailor" has been re-born on this forum as ChrisB (since I ain't in Florida anymore).

Riggerdood

Ah, the ol' ChrisB from the DS forum is back!

Actually, this forum reminds me a lot of that one Chris.

eaglecreeksailor22

I also repeated myself many times before I was accepted. Was not ask about Heloise yet but anything is possible.
I am so happy not to lose this site as it has given me a place to talk to sailors with like boats and after a 12 year hiatus I needed a mental tune up, also being 77 yrs old does not help either.

Thanks to Tim and any and all who made this a reality.

Rich

Riggerdood

Thanks Rich, but I can't take any of the credit. Glad to see you made your way here though!

Tom G P 21

I finally signed up. I thought I had bookmarked this site but when the old site went dead I couldn't find this. Fortunately they posted it over on the FB site.

Was searching for info on furlers and Google kept on steering me to the old Trailer Sailor and every time I clicked on a topic it couldn't find the website. A lot of info is going to be lost.

Now I have to update my profile.

Tom

PS I got through the first time. And now we can edit our comments! Yay!

DBthal

Tom,

Glad you made it to the new site!

Dan
Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Straander

Glad to see some familiar faces here. And now, right at the start of a new sailing season. I somehow missed the news that the forum was going down so I was worrying I'd lost all contact with everyone here.
Vessel: Precision 165 "Irresolute"
Home Waters: Coastal Washington

Riggerdood

Good to see you found it Straander!

Brian N.

Finally made it over! Thanks to Dave S. for putting the link on the SCA site.
Fair winds
Brian N.

Riggerdood

Quote from: Brian N. on Mar 31, 2023, 01:36 PMFinally made it over! Thanks to Dave S. for putting the link on the SCA site.

Yay Brian!

We're getting more and more PSHH regulars finding their way here. I sure hope Terry and Helen, Gary, Dave Waugh, and others do ...