Getting here not that easy

Started by rfrance0718, Mar 26, 2023, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

When I search "Trailer Sailor" it takes me to old site address and says' Site not Available". I looked at the welcome email and there was a link for changing my password. I went there and then hit the Home button. Not sure how I got here this morning? Now I've saved https://trailersailor.com/forum/index.php, but not sure everyone can get here?

Roland of Macatawa

Old site was at: forum.trailersailor.com while new is at: trailersailor.com/forum
A forwarding link from the old syntax to the new would be helpful.
2012 Com-Pac Yachts SunDayCat, 'ZigZagZen'

Tim West Coast

Quote from: Roland of Macatawa on Mar 26, 2023, 08:15 PMOld site was at: forum.trailersailor.com while new is at: trailersailor.com/forum
A forwarding link from the old syntax to the new would be helpful.

There were a few attempts at doing that the last few days , but for what ever reason (beyond my pay grade) the attempts kept failing. hopefully searches will come up with they new address.

Tim West Coast

OK, I just searched and if you put in trailersailor all one word this site comes up at the top of page.

Captain Kidd

The creek2sea.com link gets you here. I logged onto it weeks ago. Hopefully folks will find us.

CapnK

Google et al have a few billion web pages to keep track of, and for some reason I don't understand, we are not at the very top of their priorities, where we rightfullly should be...

Easiest: copy this link, bookmark it --> https://trailersailor.com/forum/

Re: the Search engines:

Quote"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day." —A.A. Milne

:)

Captain Kidd

Of course, people who can't find this site can't see the address being given. I'd recommend that we let our friends know through other means of communication, i.e. text, FB, etc.

Tim West Coast

Good idea Dale, I think with time these that really want to be here will find their way. I see even some curmudgeons dragging themselves in kicking and screaming.

Mary Lou

EDIT  On Google this morning, IT LOOKED LIKE I could get here on my computer which I hadn't tried yet (I've been reading on my tablet) searching for 'tsbb' but not 'trailer sailor' (which took me to the old address.)  Actually it still took me to the old URL and  'site not found' and I had to use trailersailor,com to get here.

Dave Scobie

What needs to happen is the owners of trailersaler.com need to do one of two things:

Create a static page that has a hot link to this forum's URL.

The old page needs to have redirect code installed so that it immediately sends the browser to this forum's URL.

Internet search engines are going to take a while to figure out what is going on as there is many many years of data showing that trailersailor.com leads to the old URL.

Tim West Coast

It is being worked on ; tralersailor.com  and has been for awhile.

The old URL did not lend itself to a simple redirect.

LakeShark

I found it!  so glad I found the new site though I did have to re register.  Is that normal? 
"If anythings gonna happen, its gonna happen out there" Capt. Ron Rico

Tim West Coast

Quote from: Dave Scobie on Mar 30, 2023, 09:42 AMWhat needs to happen is the owners of trailersaler.com need to do one of two things:

Create a static page that has a hot link to this forum's URL.

The old page needs to have redirect code installed so that it immediately sends the browser to this forum's URL.

Internet search engines are going to take a while to figure out what is going on as there is many many years of data showing that trailersailor.com leads to the old URL.
Dave you have noticed the link you put in this post now leads here?

Noemi - Ensenada 20

trailersailor.com does lead right here.  The link I had saved, which went directly to the TSBB forum, did not.  I've had no trouble getting here since the change.

Dave Scobie

Quote from: Tim West Coast on Mar 31, 2023, 12:37 PMDave you have noticed the link you put in this post now leads here?

Yes as of today, 1 April, I now see there is new landing page at the old address.  That landing page wasn't appearing yesterday nor days prior ... ain't the interwebs great   ::)