News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Just no luck...

Started by Brian N., Sep 29, 2023, 09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N.

The tides are just right, but today and tomorrow heavy rain and high winds are expected. Sunday high winds and rough seas. Can't seem to catch a break getting the boat out. I'm hopeful Monday's forecast will be better  :-\

Anyway - off topic: For my 66th birthday my daughter arranged a sightseeing tour of the historic Greenwood cemetery in Brooklyn (NY). Sounds creepy but incredible architecture, famous tombs, and deep history dating before the revolutionary war.   
Fair winds
Brian N.

Riggerdood

Bummer Brian. Hope you get out on Monday for sure. I'm planning to go to Mission Bay at some point next month, for only my third sail of this year. Things just haven't worked out to be able to get out more often.

There is also a Greenwood Cemetary in Orlando, FL. The guy who used to be the sexton there, now retired, still gives tours of the place. When you walk around, you see a lot of familiar names on the gravestones, because they were people who's names are now on many of the streets in the city. I wonder if the one in Brooklyn is the same way? Guess you'll find out!
1985 Rebel Spindrift 22 - Rum Line
1985 Achilles RIB - Achilles Last Stand

Tom G P 21

Greenwood Cemetery has many famous people in it. I've been doing the ancestry thing and some of them are buried in Brooklyn but not at Greenwood, but stumbled on it in my research. It would be a great place to take a tour. The big cemetery up here in Massachusetts is Mount Auburn one of the first park like cemetery.

DBthal

Brian,

Looked like you were in the bullseye for the heavy rain that fell.

Hope you have the same weather forecast we do for the upcoming five days. Beautiful Summer conditions that may be good for sailing.
Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"