News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Winding down

Started by rfrance0718, Oct 15, 2023, 08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

On Tuesday my brothers Pierson 26 is coming out. That's just a matter of motoring over to the travel l and she gets hoisted out and carted to her winter spot. My buddy's Sabre 38 is coming out on Wednesday. The boat needs to get to a marina in Sandusky, about 2 hours away, and we need a car there. My boat needs to be out by Nov. 1. I might leave her rigged for 1 last hurrah.

We managed to run 14 races, after an hour delay. We are just about done with fleet sailing at our club. We raced Lasers  yesterday in beautiful 12 knot northerly gusts.  It was one of the few times that being 190 lbs was an advantage.

This weekend I'm taking a High School team to Chicago. I have to tow our coach boat there, and I'm planning to take my camper off of the truck today. Ill be staying in a hotel in Chicago, and I'll want the camper off before I tow the Oday back to Columbus. I'll have my Chicago bound kids practice tonight while the rest of us flip some of the 420s over for winter.

After next weekend we have a regatta in Cleveland, and then the kids are in New Orleans November 18 and 19.  It's been a  really busy fall that passed all too quickly.

rfrance0718

You cannot view this attachment.

rfrance0718

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

A new record. I got the camper out off the truck and onto the ground in less than 90 minutes. It took 45 min to get it slid out and then another 45 to lower it. A floor jack would speed the second part up considerably.

Grith

Quote from: rfrance0718 on Oct 16, 2023, 01:17 PMYou cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

A new record. I got the camper out off the truck and onto the ground in less than 90 minutes. It took 45 min to get it slid out and then another 45 to lower it. A floor jack would speed the second part up considerably.
That takes me about 10 minutes to achieve including uncoupling from the truck. Suggest you look at remote control happijacks or similar. 🙂You cannot view this attachment.
Regards Graeme
Imexus 28 Powersailer,  Isuzu NLS AWD light truck with Beyond Slide on Camper.  Retired Adventurer and once an outdoors pursuits instructor and expedition leader.

Norm L.

I haven't heard back from you on the ABnB in New Orleans. Possibly because you have been busy with some great sailing things.

There are two side by side apartments in a beautiful home each sleeping 5-6 people. Full kitchens and covered back patio with BBQ grill. Within a mile of everything including the yacht club. (Well, maybe that is 1.5 miles)
I've got you the brother-in-law rate.
Contact me for details.

Riley Smith

I got a good floor jack from Harbor Freight awhile back and will never be without one again. Heavy duty and caught it on sale, so even though it is HF, it is a great jack and heavily made. I've been considering a slide-in for the  F-150 myself.
Riley