This years Potter Yachter Bridges Sail

Started by Bud, Oct 21, 2023, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud

It must be the end of October, those little sailboats are back. 
Saturday morning between 9 and 9:30 am the fleet will gather off the City launch ramp to sail to the Rio Vista Bridge for our cruise up the Sacramento River. We will pass under the Ilseton Bridge to a lunch stop at the Koket Resort. After lunch, we will continue up the river to the Georgiana Slough. There we will pass through the Georgiana Slough Bridge into the depths of the slough. While sailing on the slough we will encounter our last bridge of the day the Tyler Island Bridge. Wonder why it's called "The Bridges Sail", once past the bridge, we are a short distance from Ox-Bow Marina where the fleet will spend the night.
The Potter Yachters will provide dinner at the marina, bring your favorite beverage and a little to share. After dinner for the young at heart, the West Side Yacht Club is having a Halloween dance and we are invited. The fee is $25. There will be a live band for your entertainment. Besides snacks, there will be inexpensive drinks available. The club is located within walking distance from the marina. 

Sunday morning after a continental breakfast, provided by the marina, the fleet will continue down the slough to The Mokumlee River past the Route 12 bridge to the San Joaquin River. From there we will sail down the river to Three Mile Slough, by the last bridge, which will take us back to the Sacramento River and Rio Vista.
For those sailors planning to be at the Delta Marina Friday night, we will have an optional dinner at the Point restaurant located at the marina.
The launching fee at the City ramp is $14, which includes parking. Each additional day is $14. They only take credit cards.
The launching fee at the marina is $15 which includes one night parking. Each additional night is $5. Slip fees are $1.50 per foot.
I hope you can make it, and if you can let me know.

Thesharonmatic

David and I are planning on coming. We haven't decided if we are coming down Friday night or Saturday morning yet.
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21

Thesharonmatic

We'll be at Delta Marina Friday night. Looks like it may be a bit cool Saturday and windy on Sunday, but good weather for a fall sail!
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21

Bud

My local weather says windy on Saturday not so on Sunday. Temps will be in the 60's. Will you guys be there in time for dinner? Somewhere around 6 to 6:30.

Thesharonmatic

Probably not. We will get out of here around 3, so we will be launching around 8.
Sharon Soule'
Nighthawk--Balboa 21