Yesterday in central Indiana 76* but a sad day!

Started by eaglecreeksailor22, Oct 25, 2023, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglecreeksailor22

Yes it was a sad day. I finished tarping my P165 for the winter. Usually wait till mid November to take advantage of these freak warm days but also have been caught by snow flurries when pulling the boat, not fun. Am actively looking for a P21 hope to find one this winter or early next spring. Love the P165 but at 77 getting a little slow at responding to the needed move to the high side quickly. Due to the fluky gust we experience on our lake have rounded up many times always a laugh after words when still high and dry but the possibility of a worse outcome is there.

Brian N.

Some find it a "fault" that the P165 has a strong tendency to round up in a gust. I find it a good quality. Her tiller is fairly neutral otherwise, and the boat is well balanced (IMHO). Lately, I've been sailing with crew (mostly my younger son - 220 pounds & athletic) so I stay in place at the tiller and he shifts sides. Best moveable ballast! Even my other son  (180 pounds)  makes great "rail meat". My wife and daughter are far less weighty (I'm fairly lightweight too) and I find sitting a bit more forward helps the boat balance. Not so sure the P21 responds much differently to gusts and rounding up, perhaps you'll get some owner feedback.
Fair winds
Brian N.

tjspiel

It's hard putting the boat away when it's nice but it beats putting the boat away when it's not. :)

My boat has been out of the water a few weeks. Had an opportunity to sail on the Mississippi last weekend but the boat is already half put away and I was a little under the weather anyway. Weather and colors would have been really nice but psychologically I'm done with sailing for the year.

Boat goes into winter storage next week. Snow expected this weekend. ;)

DBthal

Quote from: tjspiel on Oct 25, 2023, 04:20 PMIt's hard putting the boat away when it's nice but it beats putting he boat away when it's not.

Yes!
Precision 165 "Simple Pleasure"
Sisu 22 "FogCutter"
Portage Pram "Tiny"

Roland of Macatawa

eaglecreeksailor22:
sent you a PM, regarding a P21
Roland
2012 Com-Pac Yachts SunDayCat, 'ZigZagZen'

Captain Kidd