Greetings from the close-to-frozen north!

Started by Rick Kane, Dec 03, 2023, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Kane

Hi, been a real TSBB recluse for a while. Trying to cut back on social media time, but some are more important/valuable than others!
ODay 222 "Nowhere Plan" Minneapolis

Spot

Hello Rick, glad to see you've found your way over to this version of TSBB.

Big dreams, small boats...

Riley Smith

"Close to frozen"

It is so nice to be in a place where a freeze is an event instead of the norm. It's 72F and damp from all the rain (but we needed the rain and we're back somewhat normal). Glad you've migrated!!!
Riley

Noemi - Ensenada 20

GlenG

Another Minnesotan here... Lake Minnetonka.
Yes, it's winter time.  Boat is hibernating under the tarps.
In fact my boat is named "Winterdream".  I chose this name because I park it on my own property and drive past it everytime I go in-out my driveway all winter.  So I dream about summer all winter long and think about getting her back in the water come spring.
Summary of my life in one sentence...
It seemed like a good idea at the time !

LakeShark

Welcome back rick.  Do you still work for sail crafters?  I don't comment much here or check in all that often as well but do stop by occasionally.  Glad to see the Minnesota contingent is growing! 
"If anythings gonna happen, its gonna happen out there" Capt. Ron Rico

Norm L.

Glad to see you back here. I miss your photos of sailing on the lake as I can see the shoreline and remember our sail.

I have no idea where I filed the photos of that day.

Spot

Quote from: LakeShark on Dec 06, 2023, 11:43 AMWelcome back rick.  Do you still work for sail crafters?  I don't comment much here or check in all that often as well but do stop by occasionally.  Glad to see the Minnesota contingent is growing! 

LakeShark, hello!

Spot

It's a balmy 54F / 12C at the Stanton Airfield (KSYN) today.

Brian N.

A high temperature of 39 degrees F, and windy here on sunny Long Island NY. I realized that I left a couple of filled water bottles on the boat. I'll retrieve them soon, as I have to change out the tarp cover anyway. The one on the boat now developed a big rip. Last year (and a couple previous years as well) I had trouble with racoons living under the boat tarp, so far not this year. Contrary to logic, I left the tarp a bit loose front and back and the wind blows through, and I believe it makes it less attractive to the critters. Also it could be the new big feral tom cat that has been sleeping on my front porch. Either way, all the sailing I will do for a while is by reading the sailing magazines.
Time to plan the next ski trip!
Fair winds
Brian N.

LakeShark

Quote from: Spot on Dec 06, 2023, 08:50 PM
Quote from: LakeShark on Dec 06, 2023, 11:43 AMWelcome back rick.  Do you still work for sail crafters?  I don't comment much here or check in all that often as well but do stop by occasionally.  Glad to see the Minnesota contingent is growing! 

LakeShark, hello!

Spot its good to see you active here as well.  Oh I am looking to plan another Apostles sail next August if your interested.  If so shoot me a message.  I am still figuring out the new forum.
"If anythings gonna happen, its gonna happen out there" Capt. Ron Rico

Spot

LakeShark,

PM sent, would love to sail with you and the flotilla.

Spot

We are now officially frozen...
-10F (-23C) and colder last night and tonight and enough snow on Friday to cover the grass. I should not complain, a member of another forum reported -35F/ -37C and caring for critters (approaching -40 'unity' where F and C are the same)

Current conditions at
Minneapolis, Airlake Airport (KLVN)
Lat: 44.63°NLon: 93.23°W Elev: 961ft.

Sunny, -8°F/ -22°C
Humidity    70%
Wind Speed    W 14 mph
Barometer    30.13 in
Dewpoint    -15°F (-26°C)
Visibility    7.00 mi
Wind Chill   -29°F (-34°C)
Last update    14 Jan 9:55 am CST

Noemi - Ensenada 20

I was working in Lincoln, NE all last week.  Was supposed to fly out on Friday afternoon.  The short version is, I didn't, and will fly out on MONDAY. 

The long version is entertaining, if you weren't doing it, and long.

Spot

Quote from: Noemi - Ensenada 20 on Jan 14, 2024, 12:58 PMI was working in Lincoln, NE all last week.  Was supposed to fly out on Friday afternoon.  The short version is, I didn't, and will fly out on MONDAY. 

The long version is entertaining, if you weren't doing it, and long.

Safe travels home Noemi, it's always something when air travel is delayed due to weather.