In the spirit of the holiday

Started by Captain Kidd, Dec 20, 2023, 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Kidd

We have a National Cemetery here in Chattanooga. It always looks nice at Christmas: thousands of graves marked by thousands of wreaths. I took a few pics yesterday and thought you might enjoy them.

You cannot view this attachment.

My parents are buried in the National Cemetery in Amelia, VA. My dad served in the Air Force during the Korean War.

Norm L.

That is always a sobering sight. It makes the cost visual.

I've visited the Chalmette National Cemetary that was started with the deaths of the Battle of New Orleans. A
 number of the Civil War cemeteries, Union and Confederate, family against family. Also, several WWI and WWI sites in France and the military cemetery in Manila.

It never stops. It's hard to remember that this is the time of rebirth of seasons, calendar, and some religions. 

Captain Kidd

Quote from: Norm L. on Dec 21, 2023, 04:52 PMThat is always a sobering sight. It makes the cost visual.

I've visited the Chalmette National Cemetary that was started with the deaths of the Battle of New Orleans. A
 number of the Civil War cemeteries, Union and Confederate, family against family. Also, several WWI and WWI sites in France and the military cemetery in Manila.

It never stops. It's hard to remember that this is the time of rebirth of seasons, calendar, and some religions. 

There are lots of Civil War graves here also.

If you've never seen it, search YouTube: John Williams Hymn to the Fallen. Very moving.