Fixed the trailer, ran the motor, took a little sail

Started by Riley Smith, Dec 24, 2023, 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

After all, I had the lady out and hooked up ;D

There wasn't much time, either. There were Christmas festivities looming in the evening. I considered myself lucky that it happened and only because I'm an early riser. The problem with the trailer was a u-bolt on the bow supports that had rusted in two. Quick work with the sawz-all and a new u-bolt, and the boat doesn't miss the y-shaped support near the winch now. The u-bolt required a trip and wasn't galvanized but it was still a win!!
 I knew the weather would move in today here along the Gulf Coast and yesterday was the only chance, so I took it. It was mostly a chance to run the motor and feel the sunshine, although I did catch some nice wind a few times. Sure felt good hearing the chuckle coming off the transom. I didn't go far, but far enough to see two ospreys keeping sentinel over the lower East River. I've dedicated the old Canon as a boat camera and even bought a plastic ammo box for it, but sailing my boat single-handed is NOT the place to try and use it. And besides, I left the SD card behind so that picture of the gaff highlighted by the evening sun didn't get shot. You would have loved it because I did!!
Riley