Happy Birthday, to Charlie Jones, Henry Scurlock and Katelyn! :) . . .

Started by Charles Brennan, Jan 31, 2024, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Brennan

We should all wish Charlie Jones, Henry Scurlock and my granddaughter, Katelyn, a Happy Birthday, today!
I think Charlie Jones is in dire need of some good wishes. We never see any posts, likes, or even the occasional "smiley face" response to a post from him, lately. 
Sounds to me, like a guy who is hurting and could use some good vibes.  :(

How about it, people?

Charles Brennan

Captain Kidd

Happy birthday, CJ. Miss seeing your posts. Wishing you all the best. Hope your "golden years" are as golden as possible. Happy birthday, Henry and Katelyn.

doug 26RK

Happy Birthday CJ.

I hope to attempt a small percentage of what you have accomplished. Best wishes even if you have to wear socks occasionally this time of the year.

Doug

Riley Smith

Happy Birthday CJ! Henry! And Kaitlyn! A long time ago I met CJ over the internet and we corresponded until finally he came through with family (including mother) traveling back to TX or to Florida, I forget which. They stopped by my mother's house, and I had the grill going for 'em with some chicken and fixins. Although we got to talking and I charred the chicken, it was still good, and they left full and ready for some more I-10. What CJ may not have known was that we had yet to complete the purchase of the house and everything in my life was going one way or another. Total madness. SO, it was great to see real people, and we've shared several other meals and met several other times since. Been on a sail or two, met at BEER, all that stuff. I hope all those aches and pains get better CJ. Happy Birthday!
Riley

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Happy birthday, Charlie, Henry, and Katelyn!

Charlie, I hope you have some better days in your near future.

Spot

CJ says he had a good day and the neighbors brought him food and cake.
Big dreams, small boats...

Norm L.

That is good to hear. We are of similar age so keep on truckin' can take some work.

They slept aboard the N24 Faithful Gypsy one night, and Charlie has a dated piece of hardtack that a made for a TSBB gathering here to go to the Madisonville boat show. That was the time I made Irish Coddle for everyone trying to put together a menu from Patrick O'Bryan books.

I just looked at a painting Ms. Griffth did for us as a thank you. It is dated 2004. Egad and zounds!
As it is shown in African Queen, that's a long trail of Gordon's Gin bottles. 8)

Frank B.

Happy Birthday Charlie Jones, Henry and Katelyn. 

When I began to build my stitch and glue epoxy composite skiff, I called CJ for advice.  He spent a very long time on the phone with me with great advice for the project which came out great,  Later, when i needed some help with a custom made cooler for my sailboat, I found his information as a published article and used a lot of it for my box.  Once again, came out great.  Even though we have never actually met, I appreciate his willingness to help out a group friend.  Oh, and I just had a BD and feel every bit of the 77 I have achieved.

Captain Kidd

Quote from: Frank B. on Feb 04, 2024, 05:12 PMHappy Birthday Charlie Jones, Henry and Katelyn. 

When I began to build my stitch and glue epoxy composite skiff, I called CJ for advice.  He spent a very long time on the phone with me with great advice for the project which came out great,  Later, when i needed some help with a custom made cooler for my sailboat, I found his information as a published article and used a lot of it for my box.  Once again, came out great.  Even though we have never actually met, I appreciate his willingness to help out a group friend.  Oh, and I just had a BD and feel every bit of the 77 I have achieved.

Happy birthday, Frank. Tis the season. I just passed #68 two weeks ago.

HenryS

Sorry I'm late to the party  :D

Thank you for the good wishes, I really appreciate being thought kindly of  ;D

Charlie Jones and Katelyn I hope your birthdays were as pleasant as mine.

tbodine88

Thomas Bodine
Skipper S/V Bagatelle (Nimble Artic 26)
Skipper S/V Frimi (West Wight Potter 19)

Krusen

:) Happy birthday, CJ, Henry, and Kaitlyn   ;D

I am one of the many sailors who have met CJ, and enjoyed his company.  We never made it to Texas for a night on the famous couch, but it did nearly happen.  ;D

KRUSE'N,  without a boat.  :(