1994 Seaward 23 - Take down mast

Started by Seaward23Owner, Apr 01, 2023, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaward23Owner

Good Day,

I recently purchased a 1994 Seaward 23.

I am not sure how to take down the mast so that I can trailer it.  Is there a manual or guide that someone could share?  If not, any advice would be appreciated

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond and for sharing.

doug 26RK

I don't know about the specifics of the 23, but if you search the internet for Seaward 26rk mast raising you should find some videos that may prove useful (the videos use Seawards mast raising system but should be useful for the process). When the balance of the messages become available you can also search for the 23 specifically. There are a number of 23 owners who should be able help.

Jerry D S23 MI

The keys to mast raising and/or lowering are:  1.  Keeping the mast from going side to side. 2.  Being able to stop anywhere in the process to release a snagged shroud, etc, and then resuming.  Of course you could 3 friends come and help!  If you want to send me your email I will send you diagram of the system that I made based on someone else's engineering.  It is the 4th different system I have used over 28 years and is the best by a long shot---I can do it by myself, standing on the boat with a clear view of the whole process.  jldoorlag@gmail.com