Apostle Islands Trailer Sailor Cruise!

Started by LakeShark, Mar 14, 2024, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LakeShark

Any one interested in joining us for a cruise in the Apostle Islands this fall?  Im helping the Catalina 22 National Assiociation host the cruise but all trailer sailor boats are welcome.  That is provided that you can handle camping onboard and sailing between islands.  If your interested check out the details at:

https://catalina22.org/index.php/1162-adventure-awaits-apostle-islands-cruise-august-12-to-17

Hope to see some of you on the water this year! 

"If anythings gonna happen, its gonna happen out there" Capt. Ron Rico

Timm R Oday25

Thank you for extending the invite.Several years back Tom Parrent and myself charted a 36' Jeanneau . We left out of  Bayfield . What a truly great place to sail. 

LakeShark

It is a fun time for sure.  I organized a similar cruise on 2022 and we had a great time.  Im just hoping and praying for good weather for the trip. Exploring the Apostles in a small boat is so much different.  You can anchor closer to shore, have different challenges with meals and things and get to enjoy time making new friends. 

Are you thinking of joining us?

Spot

Big dreams, small boats...

LakeShark

Spot you coming along this time around?  It would be great to have you. 

Wolverine

Marked my calendar and will converse with the admiral.
1985 Compac 19/II  s/v Miss Adventure
1986 Seidelman 295 s/v Sur La Mer

Give me a big boat and I'll sail the coastline.  Let me have a trailable boat,  and I'll sail her anywhere I desire.

Spot

Quote from: LakeShark on Mar 15, 2024, 11:55 AMSpot you coming along this time around?  It would be great to have you. 

I would like to very much, thanks.

Wolverine

After checking our calendars, I registered to attend.  This will be great.  I'm waiting for new sails to arrive and then the 2024 adventures will begin with the 1st sail to Shackleford Banks, Florida 120 in May, CLR in June, and then the Apostle Islands.

Give me a big boat and I'll sail the coastline.  Let me have a trailable boat,  and I'll sail her anywhere I desire.

LakeShark

Awesome welcome to the cruise!  Spot it's time.  We missed you last time. So far we have 7 confirmed boats in only 6 days of registration. There's another 5 possibles so it is shaping up to be a great trip.

Wolverine

I forwarded the info to a friend who sails a Compac Suncat.  He is very interested, but left this morning for a Caribbean cruise.  Hopefully there is still space left when he returns.  The info mentions using dinghies instead of swimming to shore because of the water temperature.  Great point. I'll look for a cheap blowup raft or consider bringing my kayak. 

Spot

Quote from: Wolverine on Mar 16, 2024, 02:49 PMI forwarded the info to a friend who sails a Compac Suncat.  He is very interested, but left this morning for a Caribbean cruise.  Hopefully there is still space left when he returns.  The info mentions using dinghies instead of swimming to shore because of the water temperature.  Great point. I'll look for a cheap blowup raft or consider bringing my kayak. 

I need to arrange a tender too. I have half a mind (not sure about the other half ;) )to make one of these:

https://hvartial.kapsi.fi/dinghy1/simboii.htm

LakeShark

Yeah a dingy whether in the form of a kayak, boat, or board will be necessary.  The water at the warmest location will be around 70.  Most of the lake the water in August will be in the 50-60 deg range.  Makes for great sleeping but brief pierods of swimming for sure.  wading in is not so bad off one of the sandy beaches since you're not completely submerged.   

Spot

A timely post for cold water from an associate on WBF:

mmd

BROTM Word-of-the-Day
03-20-2024, 07:49 AM
curglaff - The shock felt in bathing when one first plunges into the cold water.

- Rev. John Jamison's Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language, 1808

Spot

LakeShark

Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to it.  If you still need a dingy here looks to be a good one up in the twin cities.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/923686229459712/