Fort Walton Beach Mid Winters

Started by rfrance0718, Mar 16, 2024, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

I just returned today from a week long trip to Fort Walton Beach for Thistle Mid-Winters. It was a great trip. Here are some pics from the racing. We had a decent week, but lower than mid fleet. Seems like we got faster all week. We had 3 great days of sailing with 7 races - 38 boats - great courses - big fun on the boat. 70 year old skipper, 43 year old middle crew, and 17 year old forward. We camped on the club beach and had a great time trying out local restaurants with other teams. 1st 3 pics are of Team France and areal shot is the other boat from my club. You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   

Riley Smith

What nice shots! And such a sleek hull! Yes, bet you did have fun!
Riley

rfrance0718

Meanwhile, on shore. Here's our compound on the beach. I was in the camper while Matt and Emerson had separate accommodations under the canopy, and off the ground. This was Emerson's first experience with any type of camping and she wants to do more. She waas up every morning to watch the sunrise. We actually had an electrical source so that I didn't have to hassle with the finicky propane component of my fridge. You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.       

Norm L.

Super Bob!  Great photos of the sailing. That is a good site and the beach accommodations are a bit of a Suprise to me. But you had a great set up for it.

I do wonder how tough the sailing was as I see a hearse in the background of one photo.