Inner hull support separation?

Started by ajveltri22, Apr 24, 2024, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajveltri22

I've just inherited a 1997 WWP19 and I'm seeing some separation of the inner hull supports (do these have a name?). The attached picture is looking aft through the hatch under the stove showing one of these supports. Most of them on both sides have this separation at the ends. I believe the boat hasn't been sailed in about 10 years, and my theory is that pressure from the trailer bunks caused the hull to bulge inward over time, separating the edges of these supports.

Does that seem plausible? I'm thinking I'll need to lift it off the trailer and hope I can push the hull back out into the correct shape before reattaching them with more glass or epoxy.

If anyone has seen this before or has other thoughts or ideas, they'd be appreciated!

Dave Scobie

Recommend you post on the Potter Facebook group and get feedback there.  Should especially look for comments from JudyB.

https://www.facebook.com/share/YzutAnuuebrQ3dnr/?mibextid=A7sQZp

Those items looks pretty insubstantial and may actually be used to remove the hull from the mould after layup.

ajveltri22

Thanks for the link, I'll do that! That's an interesting thought about removing from the mold. I was also surprised at how poorly they seemed to be attached.

I appreciate your help!