News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Done!

Started by rfrance0718, May 19, 2024, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

Last Fall I pulled the Oday out of the water knowing that my Hull/Deck seal was totally compromised. I consulted with many of you and received a ton of very helpful guidance, Thank You! In the Fall I removed the rub rail and its extrusion and then went after the joint, removing all of the screws and as much of the old sealant as possible. This Spring, I sealed up the gap with Sikaflex 291, and screwed it back together. Once it was sealed up the boat sat through several heavy rain storms and stayed dry as a bone! For the last 2 weeks I have been installing the new extrusion for the rub rail, and then today I added the rubber rail itself. Done!

Tomorrow I'll bring the boat home and load it with all of its stuff, including our brand new cabin cushions! Then on Tuesday it's a 110 mile journey to Lake Erie, launching, mast stepping, and rigging. I'm very excited for the season. More to come.

Well shoot. I tried to include pictures but it seems like there isn't room? maybe I can send them later.

Bob F

There was a problem during the uploading of rub rail 1.jpg.
The upload directory is full. Please contact an administrator about this problem.0.7 MB

Riley Smith

YAY!! Feels good to get a project complete doesn't it! Good luck on the season.
Riley

Timm R Oday25

Good on you . I also tried to get one step closer to launching.I wasn't able to find my winter mooring stick
that means I'll be diving for it this weekend