Where are all the old posts from before the move?

Started by Ed, May 24, 2024, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Charles Brennan had an oustanding step by step explanation for repacking hubs that included either a stainless washer or neoprene washer behind the grease seal to prevent tearing.  Are the files somewhere or could CB answer my question regarding protecting the grease seal?  Thank you, Ed

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Kurt was going to try to make them available, when he had time.  I can ask.

Charles Brennan

Ed, Posted a hub maintenance pictorial/article in the Just Trailers Q & A.

Hope this helps,
Charles Brennan

Ed

As Gomer Pyle would say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" 

CapnK

I am poking my head back into the morass of old code which was the former TSBB - there are several gigs of it. Not having authored the software, nor knowing how exactly or in what order it is intended to work with the rest of the underlying data, I'm mostly reduced to 1) puzzlement and 2) experimentation. Click and read and change variables and then see what happens - real scientifical.  :o  ;D

I did get farther today than ever before, enough to render a page (Wow! see below lol), so that's the end of a thread I will keep pulling...

Phil was helping with it long ago, but that was around the holidays then - Christmas, New Year and all - and so that part of the move went by the wayside. As it has been a long while I am going to give it a try on my own for a bit, see if I can pull it off before bothering/asking him to (maybe) step back in.
It's not the fastest process, and I'll keep y'all posted.  8)

You cannot view this attachment.

Riley Smith

Thanks Kurt, I'm sorta interested in that stuff too.
Riley

sesmith

The old forum had a huge database of info on Seawards in the Seaward forum.  It was always the place to go for any Seaward information, including pics and lots of how to and historical posts, started by some very dedicated Seaward owners back when Seaward sold new boats. It's too bad it's just hiding somewhere so thanks for looking into getting the archives back online.

That said, judging by the lack of participation on the Seaward forum here, maybe no one is there to care anymore, so it might not be worth the effort.  It's kind of a shame as the Facebook groups don't have the history that was there.

Personally, I no longer have a Seaward 25 or a trailerable sailboat (just the non-trailerable variety) but check in here from time to time.  It's good to see there's some lively discussion going on here still!

Bob_N20

Agreed. That was a treasure trove of information on Nimble 20s. Hate to see it inaccessible. Hope some of you who are smarter than me can resurrect it.

Norm L.

I still have a lot of historic Nimble that I posted but don't want to dig it out again a reprint it.
I should put it all in an envelope and send it and send it to a new keeper of the Nimble keys.
It's not necessarily how-To's but more of time with and comments from the builder.

Michael

I'm new to the forum, hello to all!

I used to work as a website and database coder and I recently got myself a Seaward Fox, so I am *very* interested in the old Seaward content. I would be happy to take a look at your archives to see if I could pull anything out for sharing. This would be a fun project for me. All best, Michael

Riley Smith

Welcome and congrats on the "new" boat. This web site has been around for many years and from what I understand, the original coding was custom and now arcane. The value is that there are golden nuggets in all that stuff from years gone by, and there is a LOT of it. Kurt is working on it and that's all I know, so eventually we might be able to access it. Feel free to post a question, even boat specific, if you have it, because there is still decades of experience and knowledge hanging around.
Riley

CapnK

Hi Michael - Offer appreciated! Drop me a PM, if you would, so we can talk about this without boring everyone else.  ;D

Congrats on the new-to-you Fox!  8)

Wayne Howard

How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb.

NONE. That's a hardware problem.
Wayne Howard
Master and Commander of S/V Impetuous
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.