News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Hello Again!

Started by NickScheuer, Jul 02, 2024, 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickScheuer

It's been awhile.  Have had some 'puter probs since moving several months ago. Sold Gayle's home of almost 60 years and am in an apartment furnished like a man cave.  Front room is a workshop/tool room featuring may bandsaw, floor-mounted grinder, and big solid workbench along with shelves of every sort of fastener.  Two-hp table saw, drill press, disc & belt sander, and lathe are in a storage unit, all powered by a portable generator.  Sold the Allbin-25 last summer to a couple in Oriental N Carolina.  Delivery trip in the old 1993 Dodge 250 Diesel pickup powered by vegetable oil (free) was a BLAST.  Got much better fuel mileage through the Smokie Mtns than I ever got around home because the truck was coasting downhill half of the time and can climb any mountain wheel to wheel with the 18-wheelers whilst towing a 25 ft motor cruiser (or faster) almost as easily as it runs on flat roads.  Sold the truck after the trip to a guy who is restoring it.  Now tow a fiberglass sailing canoe on a small trailer behind my Kia Soul. 

Timm R Oday25

Hello Nick .It's nice to know you are still around

Riley Smith

Hey! Glad to hear you are doing well!
Riley

Noemi - Ensenada 20

Big changes, eh?  Sounds like you've landed in a good place.

FYI, Ramblin' Rod checked in recently too.  ;)

NickScheuer

I wonder whht Ramblin Rod is up to every once in awhile.  Are C Jones and Westy still around? One factor in my absence was that I was getting a security warning when checking in to this site.  My computer tech guy changed the "https//" routing for access and the warning disappeared.

My canoe trailer (formerly one of those folding trailers w 8" wheels available from various sources) will soon be adapted as a utility trailer with a removable flat bed and side gates. Just put the canoe on the lawn and assemble the bed, eh?
 it would also serve nicely for transporting a boat as the tongue has been lengthened.  Am sorta looking for a Rhodes Robin sailing dinghy which I lusted after decades ago.  They were originally molded plywood but later made of FG.  Would also settle for an MIT Tech Dinghy in which I sailed at Notre Dame.  Any other quality design of 14 or less ft would also be considered.  I sold the Eastport Pram built by CJ for the Harmony Boatworks shortly after selling the Albin. 

Norm L.

Great to have you catch us up a bit.
When our IT raised the security system about 3 weeks ago I got locked out of here and several other sites that I used weekly for business. They had to go in an mark the good guys.
Westy did check in once a while back. We haven't heard from Charlie. I sent him an email with no response. I'm always worried about the status of Old Salts and Fiddler's Green.

It sounds like your apartment would be a great place for a Better Homes & Gardens TV tour. It sounds a bit like the guy I met in Charlotte whose apartment looked like an armory with a closet full of black powder, melted lead in a pot on his stove, and ancient black powder rifles laying around. Just in case he saw a buffalo in the apartment parking lot.      I don't think his neighbors knew what was in his closet. Your machine shop sounds much more legal.

Spot

Welcome back Nick!

CJ is still around, he texted me 4th July greetings today. He may be on Chat tonight.
Big dreams, small boats...