News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Weather Sign

Started by Riley Smith, Jul 16, 2024, 08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

So I'm up at dawn as usual and enjoying the cool and quiet. This is MY time and I enjoy it thoroughly. One of my habits is checking the news and weather, and for the weather that means looking at the satellite and radar. And walking out on the patio and using my eyeballs as well as those other senses that aren't included in the five we all know. I'm really sensitive to barometric changes ( the neckbone KNOWS) and humidity, so that's a big indication. And another one is this. It's a picture of the lens shaped "veil" that develops over the peak of a growing thunderstorm. Or at least in this place. The weather in other places leaves me befuddled but I've seen this so much in my life it is second nature. It only lasts for a very short time before either the thunderstorm grows through it or it sinks and becomes one with the other moisture there.
 Not the best picture as sometimes they are really prominent and unmistakable. It seems the tops so far aren't as high as they can normally get. Some of those clouds seem to reach into space . And there has been a lot of sheer, where the wind at the bottom and the wind at the top oppose each other. But it is getting lessYou cannot view this attachment.
 Yesterday there wasn't a cloud in the sky at dawn but this morning there are several areas of interest. There is also  a wisp of ice crystal flotsam way up high left over from old storms spewing out moisture into the cold upper atmosphere last night. And luckily, there isn't much tropical activity to speak of. The dust off the Sahara is keeping the lid on. Another day begins. Tomorrow the neck gets rebuilt. Praying for a successful procedure. I'll be glad to be rid of the headaches and pain.
 Another time I might be watching that storm off the coast with a rod in my hands. The tide is high and should start falling shortly. Perfect, but other things take priority and all I can do is look at the radar and know that out near Horn Island the atmosphere and water are one.

You cannot view this attachment.
Riley

Captain Kidd

Ditto on prayers for successful procedure.

noelH

This July has been the "Month of Clouds", but no real rain. Seems like everyday we have cool clouds. Raining inland, but not over the Lake or along the shoreline. L.Superior creates it own weather.
Sage S15
 Vela

Doug SC

Hope the recovery is smooth sailing and you get back to your catboat and fishing in the near future.

Riley Smith

Things went well and surprisingly not that much pain. That is a matter of degree and I'm good at pain. I've had a of practice! Thanks for your concern.
Riley