News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Whatwazzat?????

Started by Riley Smith, Apr 13, 2023, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Torrential rainfall was what that was! All is well that ends well, and the garden loved it. I had just tended it and fertilized so, I'm hoping for an explosion of stuff. Right now it is nice and sunny with cumulus on the breeze. However, last night a low whirled in off the Gulf, kind of an opening salvo, and guess who had to be out in the middle of it this morning? Oh yeah, I-10 in the dark no less.  The frogs are VERY happy today. Me, I figure it's HARP :) Take a look at the satellite shot in the middle of Mississippi! The Spring weather here along the coast changes every twenty minutes but that weather telling knee I have let me know it was coming.
Riley

Captain Kidd

Isn't that kind of system a bit unusual for this time of year? Such a well defined low. Looks like a hurricane!

Wayne Howard

Yeah, that looked ugly while I was watching it. Ran nearly the same course as Sally 2020.
Wayne Howard
Master and Commander of S/V Impetuous
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Captain Kidd

I'm guessing the 25" of rain Ft. Lauderdale got was from a band of this system.

Riley Smith

I don't know how much it rained here but it was a lot. Yesterday we went meandering about and the river was very high and muddy. We pass over a high-rise bridge where the Pascagoula River and the Escatawpa River meet and you could see a huge plume of muddy water coming down the Pascagoula and mixing with the clear water of the Escatawpa. What was so concerning about the system was how quick it developed. There was not much wind in it but it didn't lack for rain. I don't trust the rain gauge on my electronic weather station because it clears itself after so many hours, which happened to be right in the middle of all that. Naturally the instructions are written by someone whose command of English is sub-par  ;D Yes, it's a little early for all that stuff but I  just call it an anomaly and go about my business.
Riley