News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

First Overnighter

Started by Captain Kidd, Jun 15, 2023, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Kidd

Just took my first overnight trip on the CIY 16. The site will not let me post pictures so I'm going to simply link to my blog for those interested in the full report complete with pics and one video. Hope you'll take a look at it. Feel free to leave comments here.

https://captnkid.blogspot.com/2023/06/first-overnighter.html

Frank B.

Very Nice, but did I miss the "where"?

Captain Kidd

I included a screenshot but that might be a little vague unless familiar with the area. I was on Lake Chickamauga in Chattanooga, part of the TVA series of lakes created on the Tennessee River.

Norm L.

That looks like a pleasant evening and a learning experience for you. Knowing you there will be some plans and alterations of overnight layout and storage. Maybe tethers or nets to keep things together and on board.
The prediciment with small boats is not enough room to stow things and one can't afford to lose any of the things onboard.
Stuff for the boat first and minimalist backpacking gear for the crew. Bicycle camping with everything in two small saddle bags was good training.

Captain Kidd

Experience is a great teacher. I've never bicycle-camped, but I have backpacked and I have been camping on a 7-1/2' dinghy and then there was my 11 foot dinghy. So I'm sure I'll keep refining camp-cruising on the CIY.