News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Super Moon

Started by Captain Kidd, Aug 01, 2023, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Kidd

Forecast was good: clear skies, 7 mph breeze, temps moderating however so slightly and less than 24 hours til the supermoon.

The nice thing about a smaller boat is less time rigging etc. And not as strenuous. You can go out if you only have a few hours, which I had last night. So I went for it.

Got to the ramp at 7:00 - about 2 hours til sunset. I rigged in the shade of a hill and trees - hardly broke a sweat - and launched. Had a little trouble getting away from the ramp with an onshore breeze. I normally just hop in at the ramp and go. Here I had to pull my boat out to the end of the pier. Now I know. Puttered around waiting for the sun to set.

Here she goes:

You cannot view this attachment.

A few minutes later the super moon rose:

With no lights on the boat, I hung a lantern from the boom. Might not be "legal" but there wasn't much traffic on the water. I had a good flashlight as well.

I enjoyed the sight and tranquility for a few minutes and headed back to the ramp. Retrieved and derigged by the light of the lamp posts - still watching the full moon.

A nice, howbeit short, outing.

BTW: I sewed a cover for my rudder with some left over sunbrella that I had. The tarp doesn't cover it and we all know what the sun will do to any exposed surface.

Doug SC

I enjoyed the photos. Thanks!