News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Yucatan weather

Started by Riley Smith, Aug 25, 2023, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

There's weather action there off Honduras and it's predicted to move north. Hopefully Keesler AFB will send a bird and see just what is happening down there. That's a bad place, as it can possibly leave the preppers less  time than if it came from Africa or even points further eastward. Hurricane season again. Yeah, it'd be a good time to corner the market on plywood and sheetrock.

Ah Well, another month or two and we'll be on streets of gold, even if they are falling leaves. I've been suspecting a storm was the only way this drought is going to let up and the alarm bells have tinkled a little looking down from space here: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector.php?sat=G16&sector=gm

. I'm paying attention. Which means some gas for the generator and a test run. But first I must challenge the mighty redfish at dawn in the morning. BEFORE dawn if Hal got his lights working. Which means respooling the Garcia and which also means times up and I'm out until then. Here's to the weekend!
Riley

Frank B.

Yep, bad place, same place where Michael started.  Don't need that nightmare again.

Riley Smith

The fishing trip was a bust. It's called fishing, not catching, for a reason! The tide wasn't just right for that place. It's got to be high and starting to fall around daylight but it was still coming in. There are swirls during that process and one of them was racing upriver while I fished. It calmed down after a few minutes but I wondered how much water had gone under my feet. There is the faintest of northern breezes. It'll be ON when that mercury begins to drop, but right now the fish are chilling in the deeper waters I assume, and ignoring the flats. I did see something monstrous strike twice out near the bar. You never know what you're going to see out in that darkness.

Yep, she's cooking down there. We've been doing more work with heavy equipment and saws and I got the guy to haul off ALL the stuff I can't burn because of the burn ban. Man, that worked out great and drastically reduced the missile-in-the-wind potential if the worst happens.
Riley