Taking it for a ride...

Started by Riley Smith, Mar 26, 2023, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Since there was time to burn in a manner of speaking, I've been huffing varnish again. And dreaming of Prime Time, which is in the fall. So I thought I'd post a pic of the fall one morning on the shore. The cormorants were coming off the lower marsh heading upriver just before sunrise. As for the varnish, I added a little to the boom and will commence putting lines on it, the gaff, and the mast.
Riley

rfrance0718

Looks like you had a similar result.

Riley Smith

Yes, I had to learn to resize with my program but it's a snap. It's pretty integrated into the OS and I had to look to see what it was, but found it is Adobe Photoshop Express, a freebee version. It's pretty powerful and I use it a lot with the camera, but had never used it to resize until now. It just rained a bit here, just a sprinkle really, and as you might expect from the news about Rolling Fork, it has been threatening for a couple of days. I got that coat of varnish on early this morning before the humidity went through the roof. We're just lucky along the coast as far as tornadoes go, to live in that zone where the gulf weather interacts enough with the coming fronts to prevent huge tornadoes. I remember when we first moved to the coast (5 yrs old), my mother would go to the bedroom and cry when the lightning started popping. You see, at her home upstate, lightning popping meant head to the storm shelter. Here on the coast, it almost an every day occurrence in the summer, but it CAN be awfully loud and scary. EVERYONE has a lightning story. So we don't get really bad tornadoes, but nothing is ever written in stone with the weather I suppose. Those people got hammered. Been there and done that and it ain't no fun. My prayers for 'em.
Riley

Doug SC

Thanks, I'm downloading the Adobe app now. I like free!