News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

No time for cruising!

Started by rfrance0718, Sep 27, 2023, 10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfrance0718

It's been a busy Fall. I've been up to Lake Erie a few times, but not a lot of sailing accomplished. Next week I have Thursday through Sunday open, so maybe.

I've been busy coaching the kids, who have found some success. Last week I had 3 teams competing in a 27 team qualifier to sail in the Great Oaks Championship at Southern Yacht Club in NOLA, which is a national event. There were 4 spots available, and one of my teams qualified! They were tied for 1st going into the last race, and appeared to have nailed the perfect start, but they were over early and had to flight back through the fleet. Getting back to the front wasn't to be, but they still ended up in the top 4, and we'll be heading to New OrYou cannot view this attachment.  leans for the Nov. 18 and 19 championship.

This week I have 2 teams sailing in a qualifier for the Great Lakes Championship in Chicago. Both teams have a good chance of making that cut, but I'm not sure that the one team is up for 2 trips. We'll see.

I'm hoping to squeeze in some late Fall sailing, and taking the Oday out in late October. It's really fun hanging out at the Islands when everyone is gone. Just a few bars, and maybe a restaurant open. Groceries and beer are available. Good fun.You cannot view this attachment.

Norm L.

Hot diggity dog.
Contact me and let me know how I may help. Southern Yacht Club is the second oldest yacht club in the U.S.
100 years' worth of trophies were lost in the fire during Hurricane Katrina. But the new building is grand.

rfrance0718

If nothing else, it would be great to meet you. Plan on coming by. I'll send you the schedule.

Norm L.

I may be able to help you with places to stay depending on the number coming and your budget.
I know some ABnB near the yacht club.

rfrance0718

Air b and b could be good. We saw some on the listings. Let me know if you have one in mind. We have 9 people but some have already booked hotel rooms.

tjspiel

Good luck! That qualifies as a good excuse to take time off from cruising. :)

Norm L.

Let me check with the owner. I told her you might be interested in a place. It is an old plantation type house with 3 apartments on the ground floor. I think each holds 5 or 6 people but her mother is temporarily living in one. They are quite nice and a bit expensive but she gives me a good price.
The location cant be beat. A few years ago there was a family from San Diego that stayed there, boat and all, as both their daughter and son were competing in something at Southern. I can't remember the design but did remember it had a trailer and travel cover more expensive than some boats. 

Norm L.

I sent you a msg. If you haven't received it just call me at five oh four 3826023