News:

Welcome to the new TSBB Forum! --- TSBB Chat Room is here!

Main Menu

Diamonds on the water

Started by Riley Smith, Nov 17, 2023, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Smith

Just thought I'd post a picture of the water from the porch of the Labrot House. This scene always makes me happy. Taken last November, the angle of the sun during this time of the year creates diamonds on the water and the rays make it onto the porch. And no matter how cold it is outside, you'll get a sunburn and shuck clothes on the porch if it is clear. The nearest point is the grass delineating the  West arm of the Pascagoula River and the island out on the water is Horn Island, about 8 miles out. Horn Island separates the Mississippi Sound from the Gulf of Mexico and the ICW runs on the inside of the island. The sound of diesels on a south wind comes about regularly . Before weather prediction became much better, and the availability of radar apps for the cell phone, that stretch of water took a serious toll every year. I remember one fisherman wading on the west end of the island getting swept away and never being found. Speaking of radar apps, I watched the squall coming that hit the Dauphin Island race a few years ago and figured since I could see it, they could too. Sad. A great trip in good weather. A nightmare when it turns bad.

You cannot view this attachment.
Riley